Complaint Review: JC Penny

• Submitted: Mon, November 28, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 28, 2011

• Reported By: spainpat — United States of America
JC Penny

JC Penny sent me the wrong item not once, not twice, but three times now and they have taken almost two months to correct their mistake Internet

So my wife orders a three drawer file cabinet desk piece from JC Penny back at the beginning of October 2011. She spends about two hours putting it together only to find that it is broken when she gets to the last piece. Ok no big deal we will just call them and have them change it out.

After talking to their customer service they inform us that someone will call us to schedule an exchange. Sound great to me only they call us a week after that and schedule the exchange for a week after that. We get the new piece and I could not check it when they exchanged it because I work and they dropped it off right in the middle of the day.

I take the new package and cut it open only to find out immediately that it is the wrong color. They now send me the wrong item and I'm getting a little mad but still get to them to exchange it. And I go through the same ordeal and when I get the thing I open it to find out that it is again the wrong one. I mean how ignorant can you be.

So I call them again mind you being put on hold for at least thirty minutes in each of these calls, this time they tell me they are very sorry and that they will refund me immediately and that I should be getting the correct piece very soon.

So two weeks go by with no response or call from them and I have definitely not seen any kind of refund. I now have been on hold with them for almost an hour trying to figure out the whole situation and with their incompetence they still cannot figure out how to ship the right thing to me. It is complete ignorance and lack of customer respect. So after almost an hour on hold they finally tell me they can deliver my new desk piece on tuesday december 6th another week I have to wait. You would think they would be very eager to keep me as a customer and tell me that they will have the product I ordered out to me by at least the end of the week.

I personally will never do business with them again and I would recommend that everyone reading this do the same. Lets see if they are smart enough to pick the right one this time or if they will mess things up for the fourth time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Penny/internet/JC-Penny-sent-me-the-wrong-item-not-once-not-twice-but-three-times-now-and-they-have-ta-802392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JC Penny