Complaint Review: JC Taxi

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: roadhammer86 — Shelbyville Indiana
JC Taxi
3719 1/2 Gallatin Marion, Indiana United States of America

JC Taxi Violence and Extortion? They took me for a ride alright... Marion, Indiana

I called to get a ride when I had just relocated to the area and didn't have transportation arrangements set up. Some of the rudest people I ever encountered over the telephone, 2 hours later, the driver finally shows up (stating that his gps had trouble finding my location). He proceeds to have a telephone argument with his girlfriend the entire time, and smoke heavily with the windows rolled up, and never asked if I was okay with it (I wasn't at all. Could hardly breathe.) When I tried to tell him where I wanted to go, he told me to, and I'm not kidding here -- "Shut the f*** up, I'm on the phone, can't you see that?" We drive around for almost 35 minutes with no destination, while he proceeds to have a heated conversation with the other party. Finally, he hangs up and asks where we're going. I asked if he wouldn't mind rolling the window down whilst smoking, he responds "It's my godd*mn car, I'll smoke if I wan't." Halfway to my destination, he asks where my money is for the trip. I hand him my credit card, and he becomes livid and threatening. Even though I had called in advance and asked, he wouldn't accept my card. He proceeds in a mad rush to u-turn in the middle of the road, and take me back to my house. He threatens me for payment, and then states that the rate was no longer 18 dollars. Any guesses what it has been increased to? $60. For 7 miles. He charges me for the miles he drove around without a destination, and for the miles it took for him to get to my house. I ask him to call his supervisor, he becomes violent, but complies. That turned out to be a waste of my time...the supervisor condones all of this! I have never, in all of my life, been treated this way by anyone. I'm not sure how they can maintain business, but it speaks volumes about the sad state of affairs we're in if this be the case. STAY AWAY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Taxi/Marion-Indiana-/JC-Taxi-Violence-and-Extortion-They-took-me-for-a-ride-alright-Marion-Indiana-1040680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JC Taxi