Complaint Review: JCJ Mobile Home Movers

• Updated: Sun, March 24, 2013

• Reported By: Larvic — Beach Haven Inlet New Jersey
JCJ Mobile Home Movers
475 East Main St. Moncks Corner, South Carolina United States of America

JCJ Mobile Home Movers James Chavis Jr. - Don't Use These Companies - They will take your money and Run!!!! Moncks Corner, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Read your report to a friend....same line!

James or Jimmy Chavis Jr. of JCJ Mobile Home Movers was hired to move a mobile home for a Sandy victim in New Jersey.  He is a true con artist who knew all the right things to say.  He explained the process and details of what would be involved in moving the trailer.  After I decided to hire him he required a deposit of $1800 to cover the ordering of permits, a route survey, and parts required to move the trailer.  He emailed me the contract which I signed and faxed back. He claimed he would mail me the contract, which I never received.

He told me that he had another job in NY and would then be able to move my trailer a week after I hired him.  After not being able to move our trailer on the planned date due to hold ups on his NY job he finally arrived to do some preliminary work to move the trailer a week late.  All the while he was keeping in touch with me through phone and email.

When I met him we first visited the site that the trailer would be moved to.  He went over how he would bring the trailer in and where it would be located.  Next we went down to the trailer that needed to be moved.  At which time he raised the trailer up onto temporary pilings so that when he returned it could just be pulled right off.  He required another $2200 to cover the costs for the day and to cover parts that would need to be ordered to complete the job.

He kept in touch with me for another week.  His last email stated that he moved one of the trailers and would let me know when the job in NY was complete.  After that I was never able to touch base with him over phone or through email.  He took $4000 from me and never completed the job he was hired to do.

JCJ Mobile Home Movers is also linked to Chavis Transport and Chavis Mobile Home Movers.  When those companies are looked up there are similar stories of what happened to me. They are not insured as their website claims, they will not complete the job they are hired for.  Jimmy Chavis has warrants out for his arrest and also has a suspended license.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JCJ-Mobile-Home-Movers/Moncks-Corner-South-Carolina-29461/JCJ-Mobile-Home-Movers-James-Chavis-Jr-Dont-Use-These-Companies-They-will-take-your-1037638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JCJ Mobile Home Movers

Read your report to a friend....same line!

AUTHOR: bip927 - ()

I went with a friend of mine to wire the money to the man who owns this company.  Long story short, he called her stating they would not release the money she just sent, so she called the company whom she wired the money through.  They could not find any legit info on this man, so they would not release the money.  My friend was spared quite a bit of money thanks to the "wiring company"!  The lady told her maybe she should check into this man, so I typed in his info and your report was right there.  I read the report outloud to my friend and it was the same line he gave you; was already in the area working and could move it within a few days....blah blah blah.  I do know she had contacted Jimmy Chavis by his websit JCJ Mobile Home Movers, I did notice while the city and state are the same his address and phone number is now differnet than what you have listed.