Complaint Review: JCPenney SBS Fun Family

• Updated: Mon, April 07, 2008

• Reported By:South Point Ohio
JCPenney SBS Fun Family
jcpenney.com Internet U.S.A.

JCPenney SBS Fun Family BEWARE---they charge your account without your approval OR knowledge Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs Manager

I am totally enraged with JCPenney. I have shopped with them for more than 30 years, and have always felt like they offered quality merchandise at reasonable prices. I would have never dreamed they would be involved in such a deceitful SCAM.

Evidently, with one of my online purchases, I was enrolled in a fun family rewards "club." I had no knowledge of this and did not approve the action. However, my account is being charged $9.95 each month for this membership!

I am outraged by these antics! I have always felt that JCPenney was a reputable company. What is going on??? Are they so desperate to survive that they prey on their most loyal customers?!! SHAMEFUL!!

I have contacted JCPENNEY. They say they are going to stop the membership...but nothing is being done about the charges that have already accrued. Seriously, we need to stop them. This is ROBBERY!

Mylissa
South Point, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2008 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JCPenney-SBS-Fun-Family/internet/JCPenney-SBS-Fun-Family-BEWARE-they-charge-your-account-without-your-approval-OR-knowled-303541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JCPenney SBS Fun Family

Consumer Affairs Manager

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number, or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail at 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.