Complaint Review: JCPenney Salon - Flint

• Updated: Wed, August 10, 2011

• Reported By: Dede — davison Michigan United States of America
JCPenney Salon - Flint
3535 South Linden Road Flint, Michigan United States of America

JCPenney Salon - Flint Genessee Valley Mall I thought these companies screened applicants for UN- professionals!!!! Flint, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: STAY AWAY!

I have been going to the same hairstylist for the last 5 years. She has recently relocated to this salon. I love her to death but I can't wait until she decides to leave JCPenney!!! I pay over $100 to get my hair done and I have to listen to the stylist a few chairs down talk about how wasted she got the night before and how she woke up and didnt know where she was.

Then there are a few stylist that apparently do hair for a living but cant be bothered to do their own. I saw one person actually come in with wet hair that was just pulled up into a ponytail!! Another girl was wearing stretchy leggings and a tank top, leaving nothing to the imagination....now I'm not a skinny girl myself, but I'll be the first to say that spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Another problem that I've noticed is that when some of the stylists spray oil sheen it gets all over the stations around them and the clients. I have naturally oily skin and fine limp hair so this is a personal pet peeve of mine. Everytime I leave the salon I feel like I need to go home and wash my face, and sometimes if there is enough being sprayed I don't even bother with getting it blowdryed because all of the oil floating around makes my hair go flat!!

On 3 occasions I've seen a few stylist getting their hair colored or mid-styled while they are working on their own client! What has the world come to when we have to subject ourselves to put up with this kind of unprofessional-ism? How could we have lowered our standards this far? Who deserves to pay that much money when you're supposed to be relaxing and all you can think about is what's going on around you?

I'm afraid to say something to her manager because I don't want to embarrass her, we've been friends for a very long time. Hopefully this complaint will reach someone in the management department and the situation will be taken care of!!!

CONSUMERS BEWARE!!! Make sure that you're stylist is professional in appearance and manners before you give them your money!!! Some one else may be more deserving of it!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2011 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JCPenney-Salon-Flint/Flint-Michigan-48507/JCPenney-Salon-Flint-Genessee-Valley-Mall-I-thought-these-companies-screened-applicants-763531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JCPenney Salon - Flint