Complaint Review: JCPenney Salon

• Submitted: Wed, April 27, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, September 23, 2006

• Reported By:Clio Michigan
JCPenney Salon
Fashion Square Mall Saginaw, Michigan U.S.A.

JCPenney Salon at Fashion Square ripoff Unprofessional, nUndertalented, Overpriced, Closed-eared, Stylists Saginaw Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Don't fault ALL JCPenney Salons

*UPDATE Employee: FYI

I recently went to a JCPenney Salon to get my hair TRIMMED. I took a photo of the hair style I wear, the stylists said no problem. Twenty minutes later she turns me around and the trim ended up being a full-blown monster sized hedging.

I was so startled, I just sat there staring at what she had done. My reaction apparently let her know it wasn't even close to what I had expected. She told me she made a few changes because SHE thought it would look better HER way. It couldn't be fixed... not enough left to fix.

I went from shoulder length hair to hair so short I can't even get a small curling iron to grab enough hair to curl. After half an hour of pulling, tugging, moussing, spraying, blow-drying and scrunching she finally gave up and stated it would grow back in a few months.

I won't go into how angry I was at the attitude of this stylist, and the Managers only added to my frustrations... They would have justified her scalping me bald.

Well, Ladies, reputation is everything and word of mouth holds alot of weight. As a business woman dealing with so many people in the community on a daily basis, I won't be giving JCPenney's Salon any cudos or compliments on their talents. CONSUMER BEWARE.

Diana
Birch Run, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2005 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JCPenney-Salon/Saginaw-Michigan/JCPenney-Salon-at-Fashion-Square-ripoff-Unprofessional-nUndertalented-Overpriced-Closed-140657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JCPenney Salon

Don't fault ALL JCPenney Salons

AUTHOR: Jl - (U.S.A.)

You SHOULD be writing your rip-off report on the specific stylist and perhaps the manager at that specific salon!

Don't knock ALL JCPenney Salons! I personally go to the one at Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor. After being treated ALL sort of WRONG, and getting crappy expensive highlights from OTHER mall salons. I sought out this JCPenney Salon and have been 100% thrilled. They treat me like gold there AND do a wonderful job. (I have long, highlighted hair and am VERY picky.)

Anyhow, if you can make it towards Ann Arbor, go there and ask for Nicole - she's an amazing stylist and a super nice person to boot. (I drive all the way from Howell to have her do my hair!)

Sorry about your hair. I've had several VERY bad experiences too. Thank goodness it will grow back! Consider writing a rip-off report about THAT particular stylist and her manager!! Or complain on a corporate level. I really don't think that is the kind of behavior that JCPenney Salons would in general approve of or defend!

Good Luck!

FYI

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I just want to let you know for future references, as a stylist. Ask the stylist to face you towards the mirror while the service is being done. Communication is key!!! Make sure it is evident how short is too short and where your problem areas are. I work at the salon in Flint and I hate to have you fear all Jcpenney salons for this one experience. I am so confident that I can restore your faith in Jcpenney, I am offering you a free haircut service or if you are frightful, I will start with a free style..