Complaint Review: JCPenney

JCPenney
6501 Legacy Drive Internet United States of America

JCPenney Ripped off by JCPenney Fun Family Rewards Credit Card Scam Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs Manager

Yesterday, I noticed a $9.95 charge on my credit card, and then after doing some researchfound outI had been charged since Sept. when I made a small purchase from JC Penney online.

After speaking with a Fun Family Rewards customer service rep, they told me I had signed up for their program after completing my on-line purchase withJCPenney. I was askedif I would like to sign up at the end of my sale. At no time did it state their would be a monthly charge.

I assured her that at no time was I aware that this "service" would have a monthly charge of $9.95 or I would never have signed up for it. She (rep) said there was a "free" trial month, and then after that it was my responsibility to cancel it and that I had authorized it by re-typing in my email address to accept it, which leads me to believe that there is some hidden default.

I told them I want a full refund, or I will never do business with JC Penney as long as I live ( along with other colorful metaphors). I am really mad, especially when I learned on this web-site tJCPenney has been engaging in this fraudulentbehavior for a while.

Lesson learned - be very careful when asked to sign up for any programs...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2011 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JCPenney/internet/JCPenney-Ripped-off-by-JCPenney-Fun-Family-Rewards-Credit-Card-Scam-Internet-689950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JCPenney

Consumer Affairs Manager

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation.  We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns.  If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.