Complaint Review: JD BYRIDER

• Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By: Christy — Curtice Ohio United States of America
JD BYRIDER
HOWE AVENUE CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio United States of America

JD BYRIDER CNAC WITHDREW MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: What happens.

I have had a car/loan through JD Byrider/CNAC for 18 months.  6 months ago I missed one payment and then missed another one 2 months later.  Since then and in between those times I have made every payment on time.  They call me morning, noon, and night (12 calls in one day) trying to collect my 2 deliquent payments which is really 1 monthly payment.  This week I checked my bank account online and saw that CNAC went in and took out a payment without my permission.  I called them immediately and spoke with the manager.  He said that I must have given them my account information because it was impossible for them to get the account information otherwise.  After a few minutes of discussion, he said he would check the tape (apparently conversations are recorded) and he would get back to me.  He called back 15 minutes later and said that he couldn't find the "tape" that had our conversation and that he would reimburse me.  However, if he reimbursed me that would mean I am still behind 2 payments and they would reposess my car.  I have tried to trade in this car and found out through a dealership that the miles were moved back.  I owe $3,000 more than the car is worth.  Does anyone know what will happen if I let them reposess it?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-BYRIDER/CUYAHOGA-FALLS-Ohio-/JD-BYRIDER-CNAC-WITHDREW-MONEY-FROM-MY-ACCOUNT-WITHOUT-MY-PERMISSION-CUYAHOGA-FALLS-Ohi-945927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD BYRIDER

What happens.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

First of all, according to what you wrote, your loan has been deliquent for six months.   You can't just miss a payment or two and forget about it.   The loan stays delinquent until you have brought the account current, which includes late fees and additional interest.    Frankly, I'm surprised that a subprime lender like CNAC hasn't reposessed it already.

"   I owe $3,000 more than the car is worth.  Does anyone know what will happen if I let them reposess it?  "

They will take the car and sell it for pennies on the dollar at auction.  Then they will come after you for the difference between the outstanding loan amount and what they got for the car at auction, plus reposession fees.