Complaint Review: JD ByRider

• Updated: Fri, April 29, 2011

• Reported By: Joseph Zenner — Remington Indiana United States of America
JD ByRider
575 Sagamore Pkwy S. Lafayette, Indiana United States of America

JD ByRider Jd is not to the rescue, they just want your moeny Lafayette, Indiana

*Author of original report: Jd is not to the rescue, they just want your money

*Consumer Comment: you just found out

I was talked into buying an '05 Chevy Impala from the Jd ByRider dealer in Lafayette, Indiana. I have only had the vehicle about three months now and it is not the same as it was when I first drove it. I have been down to have it "Fixed" four times. Here is the layout:
 January
29th, 2011- Sign Papers for 05 Chevy Impala

February
14th, 2011- Drive down to have spark plugs replaced on the vehicle

5th, 2011- Fuel pump is replaced on vehicle

8th, 2011- Realize that vehicles line to gas tank were not properly
reconnected

11th, 2011- Bring vehicle to be relooked at to recheck that
everything else was properly replaced; told lady at the front desk they need to
put in 12 gallons of gas for the gas I wasted driving down plus $10 for the gas
wasted on the ground

18th, 2011- Bring vehicle down to be checked on about lost MPG,
Mechanics could not find anything wrong or any reason that the car would be
getting half the MPG that it used to; Vehicle started at 23MPG and now gets
14-16MPG

Obviously there is something wrong with the car. I started off with a normal 23-25 MPG, and now I am lucky if I can get 14-16 MPG. But this is not the only reason that I am complaining. The worker named Jenny gave me this huge speech on how all vehicles that come onto their lot go through a 150 point inspection. If it does not pass any of those points, their mechanics "fix it" before they will put the vehicle for sale. This is totally a lie because if it were true, I would not have had to take the little spare time in my busy schedule to have the car fixed multiple times. I was also told that my car was a rental vehicle and was properly maintained. That is a big lie.

Jd ByRider is also outrageous with their prices. Unfortunately I did not research the price it should have been. An '05 Impala at 110,000 miles is priced at $8964, they tricked me into believing $12,400 was the only price they would sell it for. I just found out that they even have me with a 19% interest rate. When I came down this last time I asked to speak to a finance person at their CNAC. I was very pi$sed off at this time and told them "I want my $1000 down payment and $800 trade-in, you guys can keep the car payments since I had the car for this amount of time and you can treat it like a lease." This is when the representative told me "Well the only way that we would be able to take the car back is if we file it as a repossession. And we couldn't give you any of your money back." This really made me mad and I will do anything and everything to get out of this contract.

My mother, grandmother, and possibly my sister and I are going to go down to Lafayette to give them one last chance to do the right thing this coming Saturday. If they do not agree to, we will be prepared to picket on public property right in front of their property; which is right next to a main highway. So there will be no customers on their lot.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 12:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-ByRider/Lafayette-Indiana-47905/JD-ByRider-Jd-is-not-to-the-rescue-they-just-want-your-moeny-Lafayette-Indiana-723471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD ByRider

Jd is not to the rescue, they just want your money

AUTHOR: Joseph Zenner - (USA)

January 29th,
2011- Sign Papers for 05 Chevy Impala
February 14th, 2011- Drive down to have spark plugs replaced on the vehicle
April 5th, 2011- Fuel pump is replaced on vehicle
April 8th, 2011- Realize that vehicles line to gas tank were not properly reconnected
April 11th, 2011- Bring vehicle to be relooked at to recheck that everything else was properly replaced; told lady at the front desk they need to put in 12 gallons of gas for the gas I wasted driving down plus $10 for the gas wasted on the ground
April 18th, 2011- Bring vehicle down to be checked on about lost MPG, Mechanics could not find anything wrong or any reason that the car would be getting half the MPG that it used to; Vehicle started at 23MPG and now gets 14-16MPG
can get 14-16 MPG. But this is not the only reason that I am complaining. The worker named Jenny gave me this huge speech on how all vehicles that come onto their lot go through a 150 point inspection. If it does not pass any of those points, their mechanics "fix it" before they will put the vehicle for sale. This is totally a lie because if it were true, I would not have had to take the little spare time in my busy schedule to have the car fixed multiple times. I was also told that my car was a rental vehicle and was properly maintained. That is a big lie. Jd ByRider is also outrageous with their prices. Unfortunately
I did not research the price it should have been.

you just found out

AUTHOR: Chef - (U.S.A.)

So you, as an adult were talked into buying the car, and now you just found out your paying 19% intersest rate.

1. Did you read the terms of the contract before you signed it  (NO)

2. J.D. has no obligation to talk to anyone other than yourself about your situation.  SO

keep your MOM amd grandmother home they will not help your case.

3. You have had bad luck with the car and seems to me they have treated you good by

honoring the warranty the gave you by fixing it.

4. You purchased a 2005 vechicle with over 100,000 miles on it, did you think it was going to

be problem free.

5. As far as the price of the car you agreed to pay the 12,400 for the vechicle

6. My question is how did they Trick you?

As you admitted yourself they told you they would not sell the car for any less than the 12,400 if you did not like the price then you should have not bought the car.

There is no trick there

Buy it at that price or dont If you did not research what the price of the vechicle should be before you bought the car, then
you screwed yourself.  MY OPINION, you were an uneducated consumer, who has now educated yourself and realized
you got a bad deal on the price of the car and interest rate, so now the story is, I got ripped off.

MY ADVICE
Take this as an expensive lesson learned, educate and research things before you make a
decision, because if you turn the car in you will have a repo on your credit report, your credit
will go in the tank, You seem angry about the 19% interest rate, well if your credit goes
in the tank get use to that rate becuase the will be the lowest rate you will get for a long time.