Complaint Review: JD Byrider - CNAC

• Submitted: Thu, May 29, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, May 29, 2003

• Reported By:duluth Minnesota
JD Byrider - CNAC
328 East Central Entrance Duluth, Minnesota U.S.A.

JD Byrider And CNAC ripoff, dishonest, misleading, unhelpful, con artists Duluth Minnesota

My husband and I purchased a 1992 Buick Century from Jd Byrider. We went through them because they always say in thier ads that they helped with the credit challenged, and that thier vehicles were covered under an excellent warranty. We even bought extra coverage for repairs if we needed them.

Not even a month after we owned it, the car blew it's air conditioning unit wich ended up siezing the whole engine... After that fiasco, it was in the shop every other month for work on it's fuel sensor. Every time something would happen to the car, it would never be covered under any part of the warranty. We would have to shell out $300.00 out of our own pocket (not including towing ) to have this fixed... by a garage that Byrider took it to.

After the third time it went down, the garage we had look at it said that the senser was put in wrong. We had just gotten back, not even a week went by, and ( I must add that we were financially strapped so CNAC offered to put the car repair on the end of our loan ) the car's fuel line blew off the gas tank at a corner stop leaving my whole family stranded with gasoline POURING all over the block.

That was the last straw. After thier mechanic looked at it again, they said that they had no idea how that line could have come off but guess what... now it needs an engine... We talked to the district attorney here in Minnesota but he said the lemon law in this state only covers new cars. It's still at the garage it was towed to by CNAC (yes, they offered to replace the engine and put the difference at the end of the loan) but I refuse to use anymore money to fix this lemon...

I'm paying for a car I can't use and STILL riding the bus... I got screwed on this deal... I hope that someone reading this will take this into consideration,... No matter how bad you need a car, no matter how bad your financial situation or your credit report is,JD Byrider and CNAC IS NOT the way to go....

Lynette
duluth, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2003 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Byrider-CNAC/Duluth-Minnesota-55811/JD-Byrider-And-CNAC-ripoff-dishonest-misleading-unhelpful-con-artists-Duluth-Minnesota-58812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Byrider - CNAC