Complaint Review: JD Byrider - CNAC

• Submitted: Sat, January 13, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, January 13, 2007

• Reported By:Lansing Michigan
JD Byrider - CNAC
4811 South Cader St. Lansing, Michigan U.S.A.

JD Byrider - CNAC ripoff Lansing Former finance manager employee of Lansing store screwed customers Lansing Michigan

I used to work for JD Byrider/CNAC in the Lansing/Kalamazoo area and I can personally attest to the fact that everyone from the company "Vice-President" (Scott) to the sales people were stealing from not only their customers but from the company itself! The whole thing is a scam predicated on the fact that no one will give poor, working-class people a loan. I personally (as a finance manager) charged people 24.9% interest on loans that I knew were never going to get paid. For instance, we would take a 1998 Chevy Cavalier (the Byrider flagship- hahaha!) that we paid $3000 for (if that) fix it and charge for the parts and labor, which added about $1,500 more to the list price. Then we added a straight $5,000 to the list for our "credit program fee". So now you have a car being sold for $9,500! On top of that, we would, of course, charge interest fees (25%) and that means that after you pay the whole thing off, you've paid about $12-13,000 (don't forget your late fees) for a $2-3000 car! The whole thing is outrageous really. I will be the first to admit that I lied, coerced, defrauded, and pressured customers to sign our contracts. It is only under duress that most sane people would logically sign a contract like that, right? What a scam. I only wish I had thought of it. I will also add that I was fired after a year of service for developing a conscience about my career choice. Car dealers suck, but Byrider turns your stomach.

Lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2007 05:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Byrider-CNAC/Lansing-Michigan-48910/JD-Byrider-CNAC-ripoff-Lansing-Former-finance-manager-employee-of-Lansing-store-screwed-230320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Byrider - CNAC