Complaint Review: JD Byrider / CNCA

• Submitted: Thu, November 22, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2007

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
JD Byrider / CNCA
8864 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

JD Byrider / CNCA Charged me 5,000 dollars more than what the car is worth Jacksonville Florida

*Author of original report: Understandable

*Consumer Suggestion: Incredible

*Consumer Suggestion: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......DUH!!!

After reading all of these complaints I started to wonder about my over-all experiance with the company. I have had minor complaints, however, they were all taken care of except my flat tire I got just four days after purchasing the van. As I looked more into the Kelley Blue Book I found that although my 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan is worth 4,950 Dollars they charged me 9,800 for it. I have only had this van since July of this year and now looking at all of this I hate that I am paying so much for a car I needed. I am a single mother of two and had to get something because my van that I bought out right in Feb. blew the engine because something hit underneath it while driving to work and busted the oil pan. With knowing that they knew they could get me to buy from them if they made it sound good. I hate the fact that they use vulnrable people to make their sales. I will never use JD Byrider again and even though they offer 100 dollar referal payment I will never refer them to anyone. I pray I do not have the problems that these people on here have had. I have had a water pump go bad which I believe was bad from the begining, however, they did fix it with only my 25 dollar deductable. I just can't understand how they can charge 5,000 dollars more than the blue book value. Also they did not tell me the price of the van prior to begin signing the papers just the payments I would be making. They also knew that I am young and could make things sound better then what they are. I just hope people stop going to JD Byrider and stumble upon this site as I did, however, stumble upon it prior to buying a car from them.

Janel
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2007 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Byrider-CNCA/Jacksonville-Florida/JD-Byrider-CNCA-Charged-me-5000-dollars-more-than-what-the-car-is-worth-Jacksonville-Fl-286179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Byrider / CNCA

Understandable

AUTHOR: Jjindi - (U.S.A.)

I understand both comments to my complaint. What you all need to understand is that I am a single mother living paycheck to paycheck and when my engine blew on my van I had no other choice. I did look around for as long as I could, however, I need to get to work a 30 minute drive from my house. Along with getting to work I need to get my children to their childcare. It was not until after I bought this car that other auto dealers would help me in anyway. I also understand that they are going to charge more than what it is worth, however, 5,000 dollars. To me that is a rip off. All I have to say is we will learn from our mistakes and I just wanted to post this so other people out there would learn about this company and do the opposite of me. I now know that next time I can apply for a draft loan and shop at my own rate and next time I will do exactly that. Thanks for the comments and have a great holiday :O)

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Incredible

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

I can't beleive it. They didn't TELL you the price of the car before you bought it???? Did you ask? What exactly is the complaint? If you didn't want to pay $9800 for the van why didn't you look around for a cheaper one? People who go to one of those "Buy it here -pay for it here" lots pay lots more than retail for any car they buy. Usually the down payment pays the dealer back for the car and payments are just window dressing for the dealer. They take advantage of people with lousy credit who are so eternally grateful that they buy anything and sign anything and get taken to the cleaners every time. Some are so dumb that they read the contract they sign AFTER they get home if they are lucky enough to GET home in the piece of junk they buy. What interest did you pay? 25%? 30%?

Next time shop around and look at private owners who are selling older cars with a history of repairs and maintenance. Next time be in charge when you buy a car. You have every right to walk if you don't like the deal.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......DUH!!!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Its called free enterprise!! You think they are going to sell you a car at their cost?? Good grief!!