Complaint Review: JD Byrider

• Submitted: Sun, December 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, December 30, 2012

• Reported By: Beyond Livid!! — Carpentersville Illinois United States of America
JD Byrider
750 Dundee Avenue Internet United States of America

JD Byrider Illegal Repo Internet

*Consumer Comment: Obvious question

Please read and be aware.  I purchased a vehicle from JD Byrider in September 2012.  During the inital sale I was asked if I had a vehicle that I wanted to trade in and I specifically told the saleman Kevin, that I owed a 2001 Ford Expeditiion that had rencently clunked out (blown engine) and that I DID NOT have the title on.  His words-"no problem, we will get the title."  After about a month in a half or so, I received a call stating that I hadn't held up my end of the bargin by getting the title and that I had 60 days to do!  Excuse me! I was told that this would be taken care of by JD Byrider and that i hadn't promised anything.

Well I never heard back from them until December 28th basically trying to bully me into coming back into the office to re-sign my contract.  I never agreed to do so as I was told they would be getting the title for my trade in and my contract was already signed, my down payment was received and my car not is current.

Due to my surprise my vehicle was repos late last night because they are having difficulties getting the title and my contract is null and void! How can a vehical that has been financed and current on payments be repo? I was told that my contract was no longer valid and that I would have to deal with the dealership Monday morning.  This isn't my fault and my vehicle should not have been taken from me due to their salesmans lies and deception.  I am beyond livid and will be fighting this all the way.  Please DO NOT trust this company or purchase a vehicle from them.  They are liars and don't handle their end of the bargin.  How is it legal to repossess a vehicle that isn't behind on payment and for them to void a signed contract?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2012 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Byrider/internet/JD-Byrider-Illegal-Repo-Internet-988992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Byrider

Obvious question

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why didn't you have the title to the 2001 Ford Expedition?