Complaint Review: JD Marvel - Canadian Mail Order Exchange - CLEAR POINT - Save By Mail

• Submitted: Thu, April 24, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, January 22, 2006

• Reported By:ELDON Missouri
JD Marvel - Canadian Mail Order Exchange - CLEAR POINT - Save By Mail
P.O. BOX 3508 Nationwide U.S.A.

CLEAR POINT DIRECT ripoff business from hell CHAMPLAIN NEW YORK

*Consumer Comment: Some history on John Dragan owner of all these ripoffs to Canadians and Americans JD Marvel - Canadian Mail Order Exchange - CLEAR POINT - Save By Mail

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: JD Marvel is now Save By Mail in Plattsburgh, New York & Willison, Vermont.selling moccasins, bras, mini ear, bracelets, donut pans etc... new name same ripoff!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Clearpoint and JD Marvel, CDN & US Mailorder Exchange are NOT RELATED

*Consumer Comment: Hey Mr. Dube Check This Out, your warehouse address is the same as JD Marvels

*Consumer Comment: "Scamplain," The Geography of a Scam: Do a Rip Off Report Search for Champlain, New York!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response From President & C.E.O. of Clearpoint Direct

*Consumer Comment: I was ripped off too!!!!

*Consumer Comment: I was ripped off too!!!!

*Consumer Comment: warehouse address for both JDMarvel and Clear Point Direct are the SAME

On feb 28 2003 I ordered some diabetic socks for my husband from clearpoint direct. On mar 17 2003 the check cleared my bank and was payed. It is now april 24 2003 and i have not received the socks. It was supposed to take 4 - 6 weeks.

Lisa
ELDON, Missouri

U.S.A. ::: Could this be JD Marvel? ::::

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on J.D. Marvel Products Inc

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2003 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Marvel-Canadian-Mail-Order-Exchange-CLEAR-POINT-Save-By-Mail/nationwide/CLEAR-POINT-DIRECT-ripoff-business-from-hell-CHAMPLAIN-NEW-YORK-54336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Marvel - Canadian Mail Order Exchange - CLEAR POINT - Save By Mail

AUTHOR: Sid - (U.S.A.)

Read this article!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Valerie - (Canada)

JD Marvel is now using the name Save By Mail

Phone: toll free 1-866-771-6245

Phone: 514-683-4449

Fax: 514-683-4449

John Dragan: 514-683-9991

items: moccasins, bras, mini ear, bracelets, donut pans etc...

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Clearpoint and JD Marvel, CDN & US Mailorder Exchange are NOT RELATED

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Connie,

You are mistaken the mailing addresses for Clearpoint and JD marvel, US and Canadian Mailorder exchange are not the same. In fact, JD Marvel, Canadian Mailorder Exchange and US Mailoder exchange are no longer in business, having declared bankruptcy in early 2005 just after the Canadian Government charged those companies and their owner John Dragan under the competition act for inappropriate marketing practices.

If you check the addresses correctly, you will see that they are not the same at all. Just because we ship from Champlain NY as do many other companies, does not mean that we and every other company is related to JD Marvel products. There is a Walmart store in Champlain, are they related to JD Marvel - I don't think so.

If you want more information, you can now call Mr. Dragan directly. He owns a nother Numbered company - and is operating as SAVE BY MAIL in Willistion Vermont. The numbered company is:

3569055 Canada Inc.

3869, boulevard des Sources,

Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC H9B 2A2

Tel. : 514-683-9991

John Dragan and Vera Zubenko are listed as Directors on the Canadian Government web site.

Thanks

Bob Dube

Hey Mr. Dube Check This Out, your warehouse address is the same as JD Marvels

AUTHOR: Connie - (Canada)

Hey Mr. Dube, so you say you are in no way affiliated with JDMarvel but you neglected to explain why your warehouse address is the same as JD Marvels. What are you trying to hide. Also you mention that you do whatever you can to satisfy your customers. Ok, check out complaints.com and then come back here and type your drivel.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Look at a map. Find Montral, Quebec, and follow Autoroute 15 Sud (that's South for us anglos) to the New York border. Champlain is a shorter drive from Montral than many people's morning commute.

Thus this small agricultural community has become the address of choice for Montral companies who need a U.S. mailing address.

There are a number of metal warehouse buildings in this community and they are often subdivided among many tenants. Some of these "occupants" only appear to pick up their mail. Interstate 87 continues south toward the major population centers of the U.S. so there are customs warehouses and any number of international operations, legitimate and otherwise.

But it is amazing to see how many "Champlain" companies make the Rip Off Report.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response From President & C.E.O. of Clearpoint Direct

AUTHOR: Robert Dub - (U.S.A.)

My name is Robert Dub. I am the president & c.e.o. of Clearpoint Direct.Com - you may reach me directly at toll free 866-694-7799 x 222 - I will be pleased to take your call. You can also email me at rdube@clearpointdirect.com

I make this information available to you because we at Clearpoint Direct.Com have nothing to hide.

Despite the allegations posted on this web site - Clearpoint Direct.Com and JD Marvel Products are NOT affiliated in any way whatsoever. We are a completely independent company and have nothing whatsoever to do with JD Marvel. We have received thousands of calls form customers looking for JD Marvel Products. Unfortunately all we can do is give them the contact information we have available.

Clearpoint Direct is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau. This because we do whatever we possibly can to ensure each customer is satisfied. All of our customer service agents are empowered to make sure we do our job correctly.

Mr. John Dragan the owner of JD Marvel Products Inc. has now begun promoting his merchandise for sale under the names Canadian Mailorder Exchange and US Mailorder Exchange.

To contact JD Marvel Products Please use the following addresses:

Owner by Mr. John Dragan - Home address is

Mr. John DRAGAN

75 CRT GABLES

BEACONSFIELD, Quebec, Canada

H9W 5H3

Their corporate offices are located at:

JD MARVEL PRODUCTS INC.

1 HOLIDAY STREET WEST TOWER, SUITE 230

Pointe Claire, Quebec, Canada H9R 5N3

I hope this clears up any confusion which exists in the minds of consumers.

Sincerely,

President & C.E.O.

Clearpoint Direct.Com

I was ripped off too!!!!

AUTHOR: Jeffrey - (U.S.A.)

I ordered bracelets and they cashed my check for $20.95. I never received the goods. I called Quebec and they haven't the records of my purchase but I have the check.

I called the FBI in Seattle and referred them to this web site. I will also call Champlain, NY police on Monday.

I was ripped off too!!!!

AUTHOR: Jeffrey - (U.S.A.)

I ordered bracelets and they cashed my check for $20.95. I never received the goods. I called Quebec and they haven't the records of mypurchase but I have the check.

warehouse address for both JDMarvel and Clear Point Direct are the SAME

AUTHOR: Mike - (Canada)

JD Marvel and Clear Point Direct are affiliated. Although the CEO of Clear Point Direct claims not to be connected to JDMarvel. The mailing addresses are similar but the warehouse address for both JDMarvel and Clear Point Direct are the SAME. This is not a coincidence.

distinguished