• Report: #720082

• Updated: Wed, April 20, 2011

• Reported By: Brandon — North Kingstown Rhode Island United States of America
J&D Towing
3461 KINGSTOWN ROAD West Kingston, Rhode Island United States of America

J&D Towing Kingston Emporium (Pays stalkers to watch for parking violators) West Kingston, Rhode Island

I am a student at the University of Rhode Island.  I have driven down to the school to go to an occasional and have had no issues until now parking at the college without a permit.  I drove down on 4/20/11 and pulled into the dirt parking lot adjacent to the Kingston Emporium on the URI Campus at approx. 2:30PM.

I went to my advisor appointment for 2:45 and returned to the truck at 3:30PM.  The truck was gone.  I walked to Parking Services and they told me that little patch of dirt where I parked my truck is owned by J&D Towing.  I called them up and they said it would cost me $117 to get my truck back from them.

If the parking lot in which I was parking was full and someone with a permit needed the spot, I would fully understand the situation and pay the $117 with no issues.  BUT this parking lot had my truck and 4 or 5 other vehicles in it.  This dirt lot has room for more than 50 cars (give or take...just a guestimate based on what I saw).  My presence was in no way, shape or form negatively impacting this company.  THEY ARE JUST GREEDY.

I got the ticket from them when I went down to retrieve my truck.  They had towed the car at 2:43PM which is just about 10 minutes after I had arrived.  People that work for J&D or their affiliates GETS PAID TO SPY ON THE LITTLE DIRT PATCH to catch STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY IN WHICH THIS LOT IS LOCATED.  This is horrific treatment to students and this company and its affiliates should be removed from campus.  There have been similar complaints about this company and how rude their actions are.  Their towing fetish has driven down business in the nearby community because everyone is scared to park there.

If they don't want people parking there, put up a chain fence.  Pay the stalkers that watch this dirt patch to guard an entrance to the lot.  That way money doesn't have to be wasted towing harmless people, the community is happier and the nearby businesses thrive more due to increased business.

This company is ran by a greedy old man with no sense of humor.  He gets off by hiring people to scout a dirt patch all day.  Perfect example of corporate corruption.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2011 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Towing/West-Kingston-Rhode-Island-02892/JD-Towing-Kingston-Emporium-Pays-stalkers-to-watch-for-parking-violators-West-Kingston-720082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J&D Towing