Complaint Review: JDByrider - Dustin

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Baton Rouge Louisiana
JDByrider - Dustin
11522 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge, Louisiana U.S.A.

JDByrider - Dustin Liar, Liar Pants on Fire!!! Baton Rouge Louisiana

*Consumer Suggestion: Get Financing First and Buy from a Private Owner

I went to the JDByrider location at 11522 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 225-329-0420 and was approved for a vehicle but they only had super old cars that I "qualified" for so I walked. They kept calling so I went back this past Saturday 8/9/08 I was once again approved for a 2003 Hyundai Sonata but they wanted $1100 down so after going back and forth I had an advertisement for the up to $500 tax rebate which states if you are qualified and approved for a vehicle and have $500 or more in hand they will match it with $500 increasing your downpayment.

Well, I showed them this paper and at first they didn't want to honor it but had to of course; so they said they would honor it. So I told them I would bring them the $500 on Monday 8/11/08 and we agreed I could do the deal. So, I returned today Monday 8/11/08 and they tell me I don't have enough income, mind you my income has increased in the last month by an additional $400.

Bottom line, they are joke! I qualified the first time with less income, and the check stub info I gave them Saturday is the same they had today plus I brought additional check stub info from my second employer. Dustin is one of the CNAC finance persons there and he was no help! He even suggested that I put more money down. That's what it was all about in the beginning and why they "denied" me credit. They did not want to honor their advertisement.

So if you do decide to go there, the Tax Rebate $500 promo doesn't end until September 1, 2008.

Me
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2008 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JDByrider-Dustin/Baton-Rouge-Louisiana-70815/JDByrider-Dustin-Liar-Liar-Pants-on-Fire-Baton-Rouge-Louisiana-361547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JDByrider - Dustin

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Get Financing First and Buy from a Private Owner

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

The only people who go to places like this have lousy credit and they are taken advantage of with high interest and overpriced cars. If you have a job go to an associated credit union and figure out how much you can borrow. You will get a fair interest rate and can work out financial details without being in a car dealership. When you figure out how much you can spend on a car look at ones for sale by private owners locally where you can see the service records and talk to the owner .You might not get the newest car but whatever you get will probably be fairly priced and dependable as long as the "owner" is really the owner. Stay away from these "Buy here, pay here" "We are the bank" used car lots.