Complaint Review: JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYSTEMS, LLC

• Submitted: Mon, October 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 15, 2008

• Reported By:WICHITA Kansas
JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYSTEMS, LLC
16 MCLELAND ROAD ST.CLOUD, Minnesota U.S.A.

JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYSTEMS, LLC I recieved a letter for a mastercard offer stating that I had a debit and that if I paid 206.00 I would recieve a Emblem mastercard so I went to money gram and sent the money and I have not recieved a card yet COLUMBUS ST.CLOUD Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Research more before sending money

I recieved a letter stating that I had a debit and that if I paid 206.00 that I would recieve an Emblem Mastercard from Monterey Bank so I went to money gram and sent the money and I still have not recieved that card yet.

Cheryel
WICHITA, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 12:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JEFFERSON-CAPITAL-SYSTEMS-LLC/STCLOUD-Minnesota-56303/JEFFERSON-CAPITAL-SYSTEMS-LLC-I-recieved-a-letter-for-a-mastercard-offer-stating-that-I-h-378597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYSTEMS, LLC

Research more before sending money

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry to say but I think you may have been ripped off. First off, I was contacted by this company as well saying that i had an old debt in the amount of $169.27 and also offered a Mastercard from Emblem Fresh Start to "help" me pay off this debt. The debt they were referring to though was paid in full and closed five years ago.
When I contacted them originally they were no help whatsoever. However, when I called back only a few hours later with the proof that the debt was actually paid, before I could even tell them they informed me that the offer was expired.

Within a matter of hours they went from telling me they could not do anything to the company having no information on me at all.

I would like to suggest that in the future you research a bit more before sending any company like this money. Especially a company which is supposed to be collecting an old debt and at the same time offers you a new credit card.

I also have one more MAJOR suggestion for you. Never send anyone money using moneygram unless it is family or friends or a very reputable source such as utility bills. With things like Moneygram and Western Union, if it turns out to be a scam you cannot get your money back. At least with credit cards or by check you can dispute the charges and they will investigate.

I hope I've been somewhat helpful and please be more careful in the future. Always approach these types of offers with a great deal of skeptism.