Complaint Review: JERRY D. HOLBROOK

• Submitted: Mon, December 07, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 07, 2009

• Reported By: Diane — Vienna Virginia United States of America
100 York rd., London SE1, 7NX, UK Norfolk, Nebraska United States of America

JERRY D. HOLBROOK Brad MIller, Smith Cole overpaid for an item on Craigslist, and asked me to deposit the checks into my bank accnt, and wire the overpayment to London Norfolk, Nebraska

I posted an item for sale on Craigslist.  "Brad Miller" responded that I should consider the item sold.  He said he was on assignment, but would send payment and then after the check had cleared, would arrange for pickup.  The cost of the item was $300, but I received 3 checks, each for $850 from CIBC Bank.  The envelope had no return address, but appeared to have been mailed from Norfolk, NE.  The checks also contained the name "jerry D. Holbrook as the remitter, as well as  "Chase Manhattan Bank Delaware" on them.  He instructed me via email to deposit them into my bank account, and then keep $50 for my troubles, and wire via Western Union the remaining funds within 48 hours.  It all seemed quite fishy, so I googled the names Brad Miller and Jerry D. Holbrook, and sure enough, Jerry D. Holbrook showed up having pulled the same stunt before.  So, beware such scams!  I was almost out the money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2009 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JERRY-D-HOLBROOK/Norfolk-Nebraska-/JERRY-D-HOLBROOK-Brad-MIller-Smith-Cole-overpaid-for-an-item-on-Craigslist-and-asked-me-535053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JERRY D. HOLBROOK