Complaint Review: JETBLUE Airways

• Submitted: Tue, July 03, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 03, 2007

• Reported By:Burlington Vermont
JETBLUE Airways
PO Box 17435 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-538-2583
  • Web:
  • Category: Airlines

JETBLUE Airlines JETBLUE Airways horrible customer service, stolen airfare Salt Lake City Utah

I flew Jet Blue round-trip, Burlington to Orlando, with my wife and two children, this past week. I know that the weather played havoc with all of the Airlines, but Jet Blue takes the prize for the largest concentration of purely incompetent and heartless staff.

On the return flight our connecting flight in JFK was first postponed, 1 hour at a time, for a total of 12 hours. After 12 hours sitting in the airport, being told that the flight is just 1 hour from takeoff, we were all finally boarded and pushed back. (around 4:30AM at this point)

After 15 minutes of sitting, the pilot announced (with a song in his voice, obviously pleased with himself) that his flight time had expired and that we were going back to the gate.

At the gate the Jet Blue staff told us that the flight was now officially cancelled, there were no available flights in the "foreseeable" future and that we needed to arrange our own transportation to Burlington.

After many phone calls and attempts since, Jet Blue has refused to refund my fair and claims they can keep what I've paid, in spite of their treatment to my family, and lack of flight, because it was "weather related".

For the record, after 20+ years of frequent air travel, this is the LAST time I will every board a Jet Blue plane.

A. Ferguson
Burlington, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2007 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JETBLUE-Airways/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84117/JETBLUE-Airlines-JETBLUE-Airways-horrible-customer-service-stolen-airfare-Salt-Lake-City-258504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JETBLUE Airways