Complaint Review: JFYC

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2007

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
JFYC
PO Box 25451 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

JFYC ripoff These idiots stole 110.00 from my account Columbia South Carolina *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

I woke up at 5:30 am on this past Friday and the first thing I did was to go online and check my bank account balance. I knew something was wrong since I'm one of those people who balance my accounts to a tee. I looked through the transactions and I saw a draft for 110.00. Wachovia links bank drafts so I was able to see the whole check and it was made out to JFYC in Columbia, SC.

I have no idea who these people are and I definitely did not authorize and bank drafts, so I immediately called Wachovia's customer service. The customer service guy told me to call the company and find out what was going on. It took all my strength not to curse this idiot out because I knew that was not the right answer. So I asked him politely to switch me to the fraud department. He said they weren't open yet but he gave me their number. He was incorrect about that too because soon as I got off the phone with him I called and I spoke with someone.

The person in Wachovia's Loss Prevention Dept was so nice. It was shocking. I explained to her that I did not authorize the draft. She put me on hold for a few minutes and when she came back she told me she refunded the 110.00 to me and that would see it the next morning. She also, switched me to another dept and that dept closed my account and opened up a new one all while I was on the phone.

So, not only did I get my 110.00 back, but I got a new account number to help prevent this from happening in the future.

I think I've been lucky with Wachovia, but for others having problems with their banking institutions on this matter, you should avoid talking to customer service reps and see if you could get right to their fraud prevention departments. I would that banks are obligated to help the consumer in these types of situations.

I would also suggest avoiding using your checking account number on line for anything if at all possible. I think in the case of JFYC, they are getting information from collection accounts and just drafting money out of people accounts.

Lamont
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JFYC/Columbia-South-Carolina-29223/JFYC-ripoff-These-idiots-stole-11000-from-my-account-Columbia-South-Carolina-EDitors-Su-1033003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JFYC