Complaint Review: JI Marine

• Updated: Sun, March 10, 2013

• Reported By: Chemicalman69 — Arizona United States of America
JI Marine
4128 S. 249th Dr. Buckeye, Arizona United States of America

JI Marine Jason Iverson Uncertified Marine Mechanic who does not back up his work Buckeye, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Similar experience with JI Marine in 2012

*Author of original report: We are going to court

*Author of original report: Trying to Make Good

*Author of original report: Trying to Make Good

JI Marine Mobile Mechanic was hired off of craigslist to fix a possible ujoint and gimbel bearing in a mercruiser outdrive on a boat.  Should be relatively routine for a marine mechanic and charges avg around $400 including parts.  He finished the job on June 8th.  The work was never tested, and he seemed in a hurry to leave to the next appt.  Due to family involvement, I never got to try the boat out until July 8th.  Immediately when I started it up it made I loud knocking noise.  I shut it down, and restarted...same noise only worse.  I contacted JI.....got a few text said unavailable due to being on vacation (understandable) but he asked what the issue was.  I responded. then zero response until July 12.  we sent a few text back and forth.  I got fustrated and called him.  When I told him that I could not wait that I took it to another mechanic for repair, he immediately back pedalled. [continued below]....
.....  He said he would not pay for another mechanics work, nor would he warranty his work.  He also started into the whole deflect mode, by saying you must have hit a rock scenario.  Any excuse to deny.  I offered him up my pictures to document the issues, and offered to take him to the other shop for his own visual verification.  He never got back to me and repairs were made.

The Ujoint retention clips were never properly installed and the rear ujoint came apart destroying the bell housing, bellows, ujoint, 2 aluminum shield rings.  Totalling $1250 instead of $400

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JI-Marine/Buckeye-Arizona-85326/JI-Marine-Jason-Iverson-Uncertified-Marine-Mechanic-who-does-not-back-up-his-work-Buckeye-913178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JI Marine

Similar experience with JI Marine in 2012

AUTHOR: SteelerFeever - ()

Similar to the Original Poster, I hired Jason at J.I. Marine Services last Spring to do a pre-season checkup on my Four Winns.  Everything started out great.  He comes to my house, nice truck, professional sounding.  He shows me the pre-season checklist he's going to do for $425.  He's going to check everything, grease everything, etc...  Engine was running rough.  It would just sputter and die.  He diagnosed as having a dirty carb and took the carb home to clean out and put back together.  Said it might take a couple of weeks.

No problem, we were going out of town I thought.  He puts it back in the boat, says everything is fine.  We take it to the lake with friends get on the ramp and it won't start.  Frustrated.  I haul it back home, call him, and he comes back out and diagnoses another issue.  Says he fixed it.  Take it back to the lake the next weekend.  Still won't start on the ramp.  I take it back home, call him, and just ask him to make it right.  He brushes me off.  Ignores a few calls, e-mails, and texts.  I wrote him off.  My boat is now at a reputable mechanic shop on Thunderbird getting it's pre-season checklist taken care of.

Beware!

We are going to court

AUTHOR: Chemicalman69 - (United States of America)

So JI Marine has chosen not to pay due to me filing this report, and the fact that Ripoffreport.com does not remove reports for any reason.  This guys is a total shyster.  I will keep you posted.  Do your homework before putting your trust in an unkown entity.

Trying to Make Good

AUTHOR: Chemicalman69 - (United States of America)

So the subject of my report is trying to make good.  After much deliberation the individual is willing to make good on the repair.  As such I tried to fix this report.  Filing this rebuttal in the hopes that both he and I can move past this event, and he can improve upon his business.  Thanks for your support.

Trying to Make Good

AUTHOR: Chemicalman69 - (United States of America)

So after length.  The gentleman in question has promised to make good on this matter.  He has promised to pay me an agreed upon sum to make good on the issue at hand.  My part of our agreement is to make good on the report filed here.    Once I have been fully reimbursed I will file the final outcome.  Thanks