Complaint Review: JIM WALTER HOMES

• Submitted: Thu, May 20, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 20, 2004

• Reported By:34488 Florida
JIM WALTER HOMES
1530 NW 38TH AV OCALA, Florida U.S.A.

JIM WALTER HOMES AKA MID STATE HOMES ripoff, LIES & PROMISES OCALA Florida

We were looking to build our first new house. We went to Jim Walter homes and saw the Arlington model. We applied for the home and within a few days we were approved for a brand new 67,000 home. It was like a dream come true forus. We signed the contract a few weeks after.

In the contract it states that you can't take them to court for certain things etc... We were told that the house should be started within a month and it would only take 90days to finish the house. Due to our zoning of our property, we needed a garage and Jim Walters wanted 16,000 for thiers. I was told by the county that I could build my own carport and would have no problems. I was also told by Jim Walters that I could give some measurements to the county and that's it. I found out I have to get my own permit for it, and everything.

It's now six months/going on seven months and they haven't even broke ground. We can look at our permits on-line to see the progress they are taking. The county rejected three permits for Jim Walters leaving things out of the house, and putting smaller a/c units that what was allowed. After reading reports on here, I was scared. Make a long story short, we voided our contract and refunded Jim Walters the money for the permits etc.

The company always says that they will call you back and they never do. Everytime I called, someone else had my folder and was working on it. I will tell everyone I see about this company and hope that everyone that reads this will stay away from this company!!!!

David
ocala, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2004 05:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JIM-WALTER-HOMES/OCALA-Florida-34479/JIM-WALTER-HOMES-AKA-MID-STATE-HOMES-ripoff-LIES-PROMISES-OCALA-Florida-92222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JIM WALTER HOMES