Complaint Review: JIMS

• Submitted: Wed, January 15, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, January 15, 2014

• Reported By: Chris — Miami Florida
555 Dawson Drive Camarillo, California USA

JIMS, JIMS USA, JIMS Machining, JIMS Transmission, JIMSUSA, JIMSUSA.COM Customer Service Nightmare - Flawed Transmission Design Camarillo California

Customer Service Nightmare - flaw premature bearing failure on all JIMS 6 Speed RSD transmissions. Premature Bearing Failure (throw-out bearing) 500 to 1000 miles.

First and foremost I have to say this is the worst customer service I have ever received. I have a motorcycle with a JIMS 6 Speed RSD Right Side Drive Transmission, the sealed clutch release bearing keeps prematurely failing and no one from Jims USA can give me a logical answer why this keeps happening.

I have been stranded on the highway 4 times due to this issue and it’s totally ridiculous that JIM USA continues to blame the failure on the bearing, not the flaw in their manufacturing.

Florida Bearing (Kaman Industries) told me that the bearing was too small for the application, that’s why it prematurely fails.

My question: “How can you blame a 100+ year old designed bearing for the failure of your new transmission?”

Besides the awful customer service and lack of distributors – Harley Davidson Dealers didn’t even want to sell the Jims parts – They told me that “Jims was too much of a pain to deal with”.

The very rude and arrogant Jims employee “Margot Sparks-Durham” had to call and persuade Harley Davidson to sell me a bearing. Her negative representation and demeanor also fortified the reason why Harley didn’t want to do business with Jims.

The final straw for me was her telling me that the bearing was going to cost me over $100.00. How can a company sell a $1.62 bearing for $100.00?

During my investigation I have gathered information from both mechanics and engineers and I have become a kind of bearing expert. I also believe in being fair and kind to your fellow man.

Jims USA still sells this flawed transmission, and no one questions their explanation on why the bearing prematurely fails.

I will do everything in my power to notify state and local consumer’s agencies of this issue! Jims is at fault because they know they have a flaw in their manufacturing.

No one should become a victim…

Shame on you JIMS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2014 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JIMS/Camarillo-California-93012/JIMS-JIMS-USA-JIMS-Machining-JIMS-Transmission-JIMSUSA-JIMSUSACOM-Customer-Service-1115805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JIMS