lumber

• Updated: Sun, April 20, 2014

• Reported By: Chip Chupinski — Marlboro Massachusetts
JJ Welch
27 congress st Salem ma Salem, Massachusetts United States of America

JJ Welch Mike Welch Ripped Off by JJ Welch !Tthey just wont pay sub-contractors Salem, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: contact me

*General Comment: Me too

JJ Welch does not pay it sub contractors!

We did a job in the Hingham Shipyard did many xtras and dealt with delays at no extra cost, no punch list, no complaints. no notice of bad work etc. got a back charge 6 months after the work was done no explanation spoke with thier new onsite super (other super got canned he was incompetent) new supervisor said our work was working as designed to the point they trimmed out the doors with no complaints then the had to raise the door up to accomadate different material on the decks  that we had no idea about or were directed to do 6 months earlier ??? Did not call us or inform us verbally or in writing that there was any problem to do any work again no punchlist ???? no email??????? just decided we need to do this lets charge them 6 mo later they were notifed of many defecinces on the site no reply no response!!!! we are small company they just wont pay us not a large amount to them huge to us !!! they even owes money over the change orders they won't pay like we dont exist !!! making me hire a lawyer mediation etc I did Place on lien on property no luck don buy those condos email me I will tell you why !!! Mike Welch wouldnt even meet with me onsite !!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JJ-Welch/Salem-Massachusetts-/JJ-Welch-Mike-Welch-Ripped-Off-by-JJ-Welch-Tthey-just-wont-pay-sub-contractors-Salem-Mas-1047015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JJ Welch

contact me

AUTHOR: Chip Chupinski - ()

There are a crew of lawyers working the case for hingham he owes around 180 K to various contractors I am due in court on May5th for the bond contact me (((REDACTED)))  Chip

#2 General Comment

Me too

AUTHOR: Pete - ()

I have also done work for JJ Welch and they refuse to pay anything.  There have been zero complaints from the on site super, in fact he seems to be very happy with my companies work and the fact that I was able to step up when the other siding contractor walked off the job.  We completed a 40 square siding job during the coldest months this area has seen in 40 years and the only thing that was left to be completed was caulking which as anyone knows cannot be don't in sub zero temperatures.  The caulking has since been completed (except 2 windows due tobot enough caulking ordered by JJ Welch as this was a labor only project and JJ Welch was to provide all material and was was to provide labor only).    Liens do nothing so my next step is to decorate my van with signs stating JJ Welch refuses to pay their sub contractorS and drive up and down congress st in Salem.  If any other subs care to join me in this endeavor please email me at (((redacted)))  The job I completed was part of pres obamas putting America to work program.  It was a prevailing wage job and my employees have all been paid the appropriate wage. It seems that Mr Welch thinks its ok to take tax payer dollars to line his pockets while at the same time refusing to pay his sub contractors.  JJ Welch seems to hire only smaller contractors and then refuse to pay.  As a small contracting company I cannot afford to hire and attorney since attorney fees come out of my pocket yet if I don't get paid my business will go under.  JJ Welch has been very clear to me that this doesn't concern them.  In fact I think it may benefit JJ Welch if I do go bankrupt. I'm guessing this is JJ Welchs philosophy, get rich while screwing the little guy.

Please forgive any mistakes made, auto correct on here comes up with strange words and I have to delete everything to correct it myself!