Complaint Review: J.K. Harris And Company

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009

• Reported By:Hialeah Florida
J.K. Harris And Company
4995 Lacrosse Road Suite 1800 N.Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

J.K. Harris And Company Agony, frustration, humiliation, and anger are just some of what I paid 5900.00 dollars to J.K. harris. I was supposed to get an O.I.C. N. Charleston South Carolina

On 02-15-07 I paid J.K. Harris $5,950.00 up front to help me with an O.I.C. to the I.R.S. . Every three months they would request all my financial information. By 01-09-08 the I.R.S. put a lien on my house. I kept receiving
threatening letters from the I.R.S. that they would next attach my husbands wages.

The person handling my case was rarely available and would tell me not to worry that it is the normal procedure. She also advised me not to talk to the I.R.S. myself because that would void our contract and their power of attorney.

The agent working with me put in writing that I had $70,000.00 in equity in my home but (0) disposable income. Therefore I had no way of getting the equity and no income to pay any increased mortgage.

Now we owe more than the available equity. The real estate values have declined and the tax debt has soared. I am now dealing with the I.R.S. on my own. They DO NOT want to hear about my issues with J.K.Harris! They are now taking my Social Security for an Installment Plan. That amount of money does not even cover the interest & penalty every month.

I am going to meet with an I.R.S. agent this week to see what else I can do.
A Judge settled a class action lawsuit with J.K.Harris. I am
afraid many people will suffer great financial loss due to lies and deceptive business practices of this company. They are still sending advertisments and doing business as usual. I have sought legal help but I don't have any money!

If anyone has an answer or wants to get a class action lawsuit going, I am ready to participate.

Smokiee b
Hialeah, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris-And-Company/NCharleston-South-Carolina-29406/JK-Harris-And-Company-Agony-frustration-humiliation-and-anger-are-just-some-of-what-I-415326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.K. Harris And Company