Complaint Review: JK Harris & Co

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:Hawthorne California
JK Harris & Co
4995 LaCrosse Road Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

JK Harris & Co Another Press Release Lie By Josh Baker Charleston South Carolina

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Nice try, Josh!

*Author of original report: JK Harris trying to be Politically Correct

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Mehtab

Here is another press release lie written by Josh Baker of JK Harris & CO.

"JK Harris helps Massachusetts man out of dire situation with the IRS."

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C.-The offer in Compromise program through the IRS really can work wonders. Just ask Paul D'Angelo of Pittsfield, MA.

D'Angelo owed the IRS $147,863. Bith some help from JK Harris and Company, LLC, the self-employed carpenter settled his debt the with the IRS with an OIC in the amount of $3754. The nation's largest tax resolution firm helped him save $144,109, and helped him get back into compliance with his Estimated Tax Payments.

"I truly was unable to pay the IRS what they thought I owed them." D'Angelo said. "As soon as I signed with JKH, I felt a sense of relief as I was guided through the process.

"One thing comes to mind during the whole process," D"Angelo added. "JKH called for some additional information, and I mentioned how the IRS had taken all the money from my bank accounts... Well about a week later, I got some good news from the bank stating that the money had been redeposited in my accounts. I hadn't even asked my case worker to address this problem."

JK Harris did address the bank levy and successfully negotiated to get the levy released, thus the money was redesposited back into D'Angelo's account.

But that's not all. After D'Angelo's initial OIC was rejected by the IRS, JK Harris appealed the decision by the giving the IRS even more proof that D'Angelo could not pay the entire amount he owed. And JK harris and D'Angelo won the appeal.

Josh, you are really creative with your storytelling lies. The IRS does not redeposit money it takes thru levies. In one week after requesting additinal information from D'Angelo, JK Harris got the IRS to redeposit all the money that was taken by levies against D'Angelo's bank accounts. Josh, tell the world how much was taken from D'Angleo's bank accounts. Did any other client of JK Harris had money redeposited into their bank accounts after a levy took all their money. It did not happen for me nor anyone else here filing a complaint on ripoff report. I have friends working with the IRS and they tell me that this does not happen. JOsh, you need to get your facts together before telling lies in your press releases. I do not understand why the IRS would return the money into the bank account and later reject the initial OIC. Josh, you need to be more thorough in your press release lies.
I will be reading other press releases and commenting on them too.

Mehtab
Hawthorne, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 02:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris-Co/Charleston-South-Carolina-29406/JK-Harris-Co-Another-Press-Release-Lie-By-Josh-Baker-Charleston-South-Carolina-357257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JK Harris & Co

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Nice try, Josh!

AUTHOR: Knowsbetter - (U.S.A.)

To Josh Baker,

Nice try, however the press release is still on the JK Harris website to mislead the unsuspecting public. Were you truly sorry for your mistake would you not have had it removed by now?

But that is not the best part. I would refer other readers of Ripoff Report to the Tax Resolution Blog (see the link on the JK Harris website) regarding this particular case. In that blog, none other than John Harris himself takes credit for getting this man's money back after the IRS had seized it. He does not quote Mr. De Angelo as the press release does. To the contrary, he states (and I'm paraphrasing here) something to the effect of "Fortunately we were able to negotiate with the IRS and not only get the levy released but also get his money back."

So what is the real story, Josh? Does John Harris himself just not know what he is talking about when it comes to matters concerning the IRS, or does the intent to deceive and defraud go all the way to the top in your organization?

In either case, shame on the lot of you.

JK Harris trying to be Politically Correct

AUTHOR: Mehtab - (U.S.A.)

JK Harris claims that it saved this taxpayer over $100,000. Given this a slam dunk case (certain financial criteria is met), any tax resolution firm or tax professional could attain similar results. JK Harris does this for a few of its clients especially in cases considered slam dunk. Than it advertises in its press releases how it saved the taxpayer so much money. On the other hand, JK Harris will not share in failures of where it charges its client a lot of money and than is unable to accomplish anything for its client. After taking the client's money and than finding out that the taxpayer does not qualify for an OIC (usually after 5-6 months),
JK Harris tells the client that nothing can be done. JK harris will give the client a run around only later to tell them that there is nothing that can be done for them.
Seems like that JK Harris hand picks a few cases where it is going to be successful and than uses those results in advertising purposes. THe majority of OIC's (Offer in Comprmises) are rejected by the IRS. A lot of times, the local traveling salesperson from JK Harris will tell the client that the client that he or she is eligible for an OIC even if they do not qualify. THe salesperson is trying to squeeze much money as possible out of the client. If these salespeople were tax professionals like JK Harris claims them to be, they can tell the client if an OIC will be rejected based on the client's financial information. The greedy salesperson will try to make to his paycheck by squeezing out much money as possible from the clients. Than you use RAI to collect receivables from these clients at a 18% interest rate. A lot of clients stop paying after finding out they do not qualify for an OIC. This can happen when the IRS imposes wage garnishments or property liens. Now I do understand why JK Harris does nothing for the majority of clients. JK Harris rather do nothing for those clients where an OIC is going to get rejected and collect as much as possible thru RAI before the client finds out the bad news on their own. Those clients stop paying as soon as they find and JK Harris & Co puts those clients on collections. Based on these facts, accounts receivable tend to be higher and writeoffs also. Rather than the truth about an OIC, the salespeople mislead a lot of clients only to squeeze out as much money as possible without any regard to their financial status. These clients already owe the IRS so much only to be taken by some greedy salespeople for even more.

Mehtab,

I am writing to correct the error made in the press release regarding Mr. D'Angelo. If we, at JK Harris make a mistake, we honestly try to correct that mistake and I admit there was a misstatement in this press release. The press release is based on the actual, handwritten testimonial given to us by Mr. Paul D'Angelo and his interpretation of the events that happened in his case. You are correct in pointing out that the IRS does not redeposit funds into a taxpayer's account. The press release contained the exact verbiage quoted from Mr. D'Angelo's statement and that is where the error came from. Rather than changing Mr. D'Angelo's wording to correctly reflect how the IRS handles the release of a bank levy, the exact statement he made was used to tell his story.

I do apologize for the false information that was put out in this press release. It was not my intention to mislead the public in anyway. Ultimately, we saved our client over $144,000 and that was the story we were excited to tell.

Mehtab,

I am writing to correct the error made in the press release regarding Mr. D'Angelo. If we, at JK Harris, make a mistake we honestly try to correct that mistake and I admit there was a misstatement in this press release. The press release is based on the actual, handwritten testimonial given to us by Mr. Paul D'Angelo and his interpretation of the events that happened in his case. You are correct in pointing out that the IRS does not redeposit funds into a taxpayer's account. The press release contained the exact verbiage quoted from Mr. D'Angelo's statement and that is where the error came from. Rather than changing Mr. D'Angelo's wording to correctly reflect how the IRS handles the release of a bank levy, the exact statement he made was used to tell his story. However, we should have noticed the error and clarified the correct information following his statement.

I do apologize for the mistake that my office made, and I regret it. It was not my intention to mislead the public in anyway. Ultimately, we saved our client over $144,000 and that was the story we wanted to tell.

warmth