Complaint Review: JK Harris & Co.

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 02, 2005

• Reported By:Cape Coral Florida
JK Harris & Co.
4995 Lacross Rd. Suite 1800 Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

JK Harris & Co. Ripoff Breached contract to represent us to IRS - fee $1,750. Failed to communicate with IRS/us IRS $0 our bank accounts. Charleston South Carolina

I spoke on the phone the middle of july with a jk harris rep. concerning our IRS problem.

He assured me that the IRS could not touch us as JKH was taking care of this problem. We gave jkh power of attorney.

The first of oct we discover that the IRS took every dime out of our checking and savings account ($1,821. emergency money).

Checks bounced, bank fees to pay, and no money for food or any bills to be paid.

Leaving us without the basic needs for food and medicine for my husband (high blood pressure) and I am on multiple medications. I have to cerebrel aneuryms and many more medical problems.

We called our contact Monica Chubb and she was out of the office on vacation until Oct. the 10th. Every time we tried to reach anyone from that office they transfer our calls to her desk.

We needed help immediately as we didn't have the slightest idea what was going on. Did't hear from any one including the irs as to why this was happening.

We requested they return our call ASAP. We did not have an email address for Mr. Riley, only a fax # and we did not have the capability to send a fax. The bank refused to send a fax because of personal information they did not want to be responsible for.

I had my daughter send our email as a fax to them for us. She sent them our telephone # to call me ASAP.

He never did contact us nor anyone from JKH contact us. They took our money but failed to do their job.

The IRS owes us money not the other way around.

I have since contacted Vice President Cheney and he in turn has turned it over to the Treasury Department. I have received correspondance from both. Hopefully we will be able to get this issue resolved with in 30-45 days.

Larry & arline
Cape Coral, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris-Co/Charleston-South-Carolina-29406/JK-Harris-Co-Ripoff-Breached-contract-to-represent-us-to-IRS-fee-1750-Failed-to-co-162980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JK Harris & Co.

definitely