Complaint Review: JK Harris & Company

• Submitted: Tue, April 24, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, April 24, 2007

• Reported By:Birmingham Alabama
JK Harris & Company
2330 University Blvd Amso Bldg 3rd Floor Tuscaloosa, Alabama U.S.A.

JK Harris, JK Harris & Company Nightmare on JK Harris Street Tuscaloosa Alabama

JK Harris Co got $1,750 from me, did not do anything, insisted on getting post dated checks, after the 1st initial payment of $300. I was told they would not send them to the bank if I called and told them in advance, if I needed a little longer to deposit the money.

Well they did send the check to the bank. They had a very nasty collect department that was very nasty about it. They messed up my checking account, and have not done anything to help me with the IRS. They have multiple back office locations that their reps rent from other companies.

They have a very nasty collection company that trys to collect every dime they can get out of you, even though the rep has stalled or not held one meeting with you to review your docs, because he's sick or unavailable or what ever.

They will cancel your account if they don't have the full amount charged to you from the initial meeting to sucker you in. When I walked into the second office to meet the local rep, he looked at all the boxes of documents I had and started making complaints about all the work he was going to have to do and what a mess it was going to be.

Well the mess was that he was only looking for a slam dunk. All of the docs were receipts. I complained to the inital intake rep about having trouble getting the 1st real appointment, while they were regularly pressuring/threatening and hounding me to finish paying them $2250. The 3rd payment of $500 they claimed they did not get. I had to go back to the Western Union office to track the payment. They did get the payment.

Don't deal with these con-artist. I can't believe they are still on the TV's looking for more victims. It must be more beneficial to keep bleeding victims then to pay off legal expenses.(Simple Actuarial Anaysis)

The money you pay them, you could use to settle with the IRS. I have contacted the Hersh Law Firm in California. They said because JK Harris is in the middle of a settlement, nothing can be done. I was told I would be notified and I may get some of my money back.

I am furious that these people are allowed to rob people who are already suffering this way. I have had a lot of illness, bad spinal disc, arthritis and sleep apnea. I got behind with my taxes.

The IRS agent told me to take off work and to get someone to help with my taxes. I have spent months working on cleaning up this mess and fighting with the IRS. I am still fighting.

America, stay away from the JK Harris Co. I'm still waiting for some court letter. Stay away or get screwed! If someone knows of another law firm that can sue them, please post it or email me. Screwed in Alabama 2006-2007

Lourie
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2007 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris-Company/Tuscaloosa-Alabama-35401/JK-Harris-JK-Harris-Company-Nightmare-on-JK-Harris-Street-Tuscaloosa-Alabama-245516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JK Harris & Company