Complaint Review: JK Harris

• Submitted: Fri, November 25, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 02, 2010

• Reported By:Arnold Maryland
JK Harris
4995 Lacrosse Road Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

JK Harris SCAM! Quick to Take Money, Total Failure to Perform Ripoff Annapolis Maryland

*Consumer Comment: JK Harris SCAM

After making payments to JK Harris in the amount of $5,000 we got the big surprise of a lien filed against us by the State of Maryland.

For a year and a half, I have been calling this company, usually to find that the "case worker" doesn't work at the company any longer. If we were lucky, we would get a single return phone call but if you miss the person, look out, it will be hard to get in touch with them.

I mailed in detailed information that they requested only to have it lost. We had a collection company calling and JK Harris told us to have them contact JK Harris as they were representing us. We found out that JK Harris didn't return phone calls.

Finally, after paying all the money we paid, the State of Maryland gave up on working out a solution and filed a lien.

When we call "Real" representation and told them about our situation, they all had the same response. JK Harris is a "SCAM"!

Scott
Arnold, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2005 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris/Charleston-South-Carolina-29406/JK-Harris-SCAM-Quick-to-Take-Money-Total-Failure-to-Perform-Ripoff-Annapolis-Maryland-165790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JK Harris

JK Harris SCAM

AUTHOR: EMCtheEMT - (United States of America)

I, like everyone else here, have been ripped off by jk harris.  I went to them with the hope of getting my back taxes taken care of with the IRS.  They told me everything I needed to hear.  Pay pennies on the dollar for what I owe for an offer in compromise, and not having to deal with the IRS anymore.  They said I had a "cut and dry" case and all I needed to do was sign a power of attorney and some other forms, give them my bank card number.  I paid $300 and was told that the rest could be taken out in monthly installments of $155.00.  Here is where things got ugly -- one time was $440.00 the second time was $655.00 the next time was $365.00.  I contacted JKHarris and have since cancelled my contract with them and requested a full refund. They agreed, but I have yet to see any sort of refund.  That was over 2 months ago.  They are not returning my calls anymore and the worst of it is, I still owed the IRS and collection letters were starting to come in. snakes in the grass I recently, while searching for ripoff reports and complaints against jk came to this site, (((Redacted))).  They seemed legit, so I signed up for information from their website. They got back to me very quickly, and I found them to be much more informative, and decided to retain their services. In days, just this week in fact, we have made the steps to get myself into compliance with the irs so that we could negotiate an affordable payment plan. The associate I spoke with at JG group explained to me in advance the course of action we were to take, and explained the pitfalls of things like an offer in compromise, and how they have been successful with removing levies and wage garnishments, and that my case was fairly simple also just like jk.  Jg explained to me however, how a lot of these companies rip off common consumers by taking their money, filing the offer, and sitting back as it gets rejected.  Jeff, the president of JG, personally made the phone call to get me out of irs collections so that I could finish the process without fear of a levy, lien or wage garnishment.  So far, so good.  Ive gotten my first full night of sleep in months. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.