Complaint Review: JK Harris

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: Suzan Dailey-Tucker — Blytheville Arkansas United States of America
JK Harris
208-A St. James Ave Goose Creek, South Carolina United States of America

JK Harris JK Harris charged me $2500.00 to resolve IRS problems and after 4 years of paperwork and shuffling from one Case Specialist after another, informed me I still owed the debt. Goose Creek, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Did you visit the site?

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

*Consumer Comment: Like Roni Scumbag Deutch

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Comforting News

In 2006 I saw a commercial, "One call does it all!", call JK Harris today.  I did.  I met with a representative in Jonesboro, Ark.  We went thru all my paperwork and filled out his paperwork.  The tax debt was my ex-husbands, not mine.

I was told that IRS could not touch my disability, which was a lie.  They took money out of my Social Security Disability every month for almost 4 years.  I was required to send in copies of all utilities, rent and bank statements every 4 months for four years.  Every time I called for status updates I was transferred to a different representative.

In 2010 I was told that my case went to JK Harris' Power of Attorney to be reviewed before it went to IRS.  This was on June 28th.  I was told that IRS had my case and should be completed by the end of the year.  When I didn't hear anything from Harris, I sent a letter to them on March 18, 2011.  Once again, I never received a reply.

I was told by yet another representative in June that my case was complete and I was not responsible for the debt.  I asked for a letter to that effect be sent to me.  It never arrived.  I called back in December of 2011 and talked to yet another rep and was told at that time that I was responsible for the debt and would have to pay $114,000.00 to IRS even though they had records where I had filed every year in question and that it was clearly my ex-husbands debt.

In my opinion JK Harris took my money and didn't do anything to help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 12:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris/Goose-Creek-South-Carolina-29445/JK-Harris-JK-Harris-charged-me-250000-to-resolve-IRS-problems-and-after-4-years-of-pape-817082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JK Harris

Did you visit the site?

AUTHOR: MJCorbin72 - (United States of America)

Have you had a chance to review the site I suggested?

I don't know if you've been able to get this issue fixed, but this site provides tax company reviews. If you haven't been able to get the issue resolved, I suggest visiting this site and find a reputable company.

Mike

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion

AUTHOR: MJCorbin72 - (United States of America)

Did JK ever resolve the issue?  Do you still need help?

There's a site that reviews tax companies. ConsumerTaxReports.org.

They report on tax companies, their fees, their practices and even information on who owns these places!

I would suggest visiting before making any decisions to hire someone else!

Hope this helps and sorry to hear what happened to you.

Mike

Like Roni Scumbag Deutch

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Another one bites the dust - these people are nothing but scumbags and con artists!! Always hire a reputable Tax Attorney if necessary but in order to avoid dealing with the IRS have a CPA do your taxes!!!! Hope Harris rots in hell along with Roni and her henchmen/women/scumbags

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Comforting News

AUTHOR: Ex employee - (U.S.A.)

JK Harris could not find new financing, and shut their doors last week. Unfortunately, they have seeked protection via bankruptcy, so anyone who is owed money via lawsuits, judgements, refunds will probably not see any, as they still owe back wages to employees, who will be paid first, and then their creditors.

I know this does not help people who were ripped off by them, but have comfort in knowing that they will never be able to do it again. John Harris is finally getting his, along with brother Bob and the rest of the family. I hope they make them sell everything own, i.e. boats, planes, cars, houses, jewelry, etc...

For all the ex-employees who got screwed by these people also, Join me in raising a glass to toast the end of these horrible people.