Complaint Review: JK Harris

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2007

• Reported By:LANSING Michigan
JK Harris
http://www.jkharris.com/?ml_source=msn&s_kwcid=TC-2243-699394068-e-11206388 Internet U.S.A.

JK Harris LIED, CHEATED, STOLE, AND PROMISED North Charleston Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The JK Harris Sales System

I am one of this companies many victim. I say victim because after being lied to and treated like a piece of crap, I did investigating only to find out that my miss fortune with this company is the same nightmare 1000's of people are living. I was lied to from the start by salesmen named Davis Stube. He told me that I would qualify for an OIC and flat out lied to me. I had all my tax information paycheck stubs etc. He put my income lower than what is was, I questioned him about this and his response was that the IRS can only base your income off a 40 hour work week.

I told him that I made more than the amount he had on the paper due to the amount of overtime I work. He sat right there and lied to my face, took my credit card information and a check as he said I needed to get this going asap because the IRS will be coming for me. He told me there would be no charge to my credit card, which there was. JK Harris and Mr. Stube successfully stole $3650.00 dollars from me in the end to tell me that I did not qualify for the OIC because of my income.. WOW that was exactly the issue I brought to Mr. Stube's attention.

After being giving the run around for a week or two a man named Chris Dubeau contacted me and told me that I was going to be given a full refund due to the fact that Mr. Stube was at fault. I asked Mr. Dubeau if he was going to correct Mr. Stube for his lack of knowledge in his supposed profession, and his response was basically it was not my business, not "sorry this mistake that took place and yes we are going to make sure this never happens to another client" it was simply none of my business.

Mr. Dubeau told me he was sending papers that would need to be signed in order to issue my refund check he also told me that because of the mistake his company made that I would get my refund within two weeks from the time they received the release form that they sent me. This was November 15th. I got them on the 19th took them to my attorney, who helped me with corrections to the release form, and mailed them out on the 20th. The release from that Mr. Dubeau wanted me to sign basically was stating that I could never sue JK Harris for any reason, including the 3650 dollars I gave them. There were additions made to the release form stating that my signature on that document did not prevent me from taking legal action against Mr. Stube, or JK Harris if my 3650 dollars was not refunded, and that was also signed.

After not receiving my refund as promised, I started the phone calls again with no success until today. I was getting very frustrated with the employee as she was telling me that they had not received my returned letter and no refund was being granted. She refused to let me speak to whoever is in charge of Mr. Dubeau, and put me on hold. Now some how Mr. Dubeau had time for me because he was on the phone. I was being as polite as a CUSTOMER who has paid 3650 dollars and is being treated like dirt could be. My conversation with Mr. Dudeau was short as he said he was not going to argue with me.

I guess he forgot about customer service and how to treat customers so I tried to remind him that I am a customer and deserve to be treated as one. He then tells me that I am not a customer as I have canceled my contract; I reminded him that I AM A CUSTOMER UNTIL I RECEIVE MY 3650 DOLLARS BACK. He threatened me with not giving my money back in a timely order and basically treated me like the scum of the earth. I am not important because he had many other calls. That part I did believe because of the way this company is STEALING money from hard working people. He is the head of the "REVIEW AND OVERSIGHT" department so he must be VERY busy dealing with VICTIMS that have been lied to, cheated, and giving a false sense of hope from their IRS problems. Mr. Dubeau claims they did not receive my release form, I wonder if its just the fact that the form was altered to protect me and my refund that it came up missing?

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Screwed by jk harris
LANSING, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2007 03:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris/internet/JK-Harris-LIED-CHEATED-STOLE-AND-PROMISED-North-Charleston-Internet-290484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JK Harris

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Knowsbetter - (U.S.A.)

The experience that you had with Mr. Stube pretty much confirms what I and other former JK Harris salespeople have posted on other threads. JK Harris pounds on salespeople to get as much from each client as possible. In fact, the compensation plan for salespeople is set up to reward those who do and penalize those who don't.

Salespeople are compensated based on how many dollars in sales they wring out of the average appointment. And, as I have said previously, the appointments are not qualified in the first place. This is beacause the people in the call center who make the appointments are compensated based on the number of appointments they set for the salespeople.

For example, the appointment setters will tell everyone who calls them that JK Harris can help them and to set an appointment right away. This is the case even if the potential client owes the IRS as little as $250. Then it is up to the salesperson in the branch office to get that potential client to buy a service. In many cases, the JK Harris "fees" are more than the client owes to the IRS anyway.

So some salespeople will do whatever is necessary, including stretch the truth and bend the rules, to get the deal because they run the risk of not making any money or getting fired if they don't. On the other hand, some of us have a birth defect that prevented us from being successful JK Harris salespeople, we were born with a conscience.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds