Complaint Review: J.K. Harris

• Submitted: Sun, February 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2008

• Reported By:Savannah Georgia
J.K. Harris
4995 Lacross Rd Ste. 1800 Nationwide U.S.A.

J.K. Harris Salesman Michael Roberts Disappeared as well as Princeton Office I was duped at Help please! Princeton Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: How To Get Them IntoCourt

I, like so many others fell for the J.K. Harris sales pitch and like so many others paid money with no actions resulting. My situation is fairly long and complicated but I will try to be brief. I went to J.K. Harris in July 2005 to try to fix tax problems I had. I had an issue from a school loan that I had paid off through a wage earner's bankruptcy (they took money from my check for 5 years to pay all the debts) 12 years before that had popped back up in 2000 as unpaid. They began taking my tax refund so the next year my wife went and filed seperately without my knowledge after I had claimed the family all year so I fell into debt on my taxes.

Due to fear of what would happen I did not file for 4 years and the debt piled up so I decided to go to J.K. Harris and fix the problem. I gave all the information to Michael Roberts the salesperson including the school loan and he said no problem we could fix it all. I had to sign up for a financial recovery to fix the school loan because the I was told the IRS would not accept a payment agreement until that was fixed. I paid 2 retainers one for each totaling about $1550 and was assigned a financial counseler and monthly payments of $73.33 per month which I paid faithfully.

Early on I attempted to call Michael Roberts and found the phone number was no longer in service. When I next talked to my financial counselor I was told he was "No longer with the company". From this point nothing else was ever done except a monthly phone call to update my financial status. I was passed off through multiple counselors always with the same story "Well she is no longer with the company". As the IRS letters contu=inued to get more threatening as well as E.C.M.C (the school loan collectors who I could write a whole nother report about).

I finally became impatient and asked my counselor of the month what was being done and was told nothing would be until I had paid in full. During this conversation I brought up the school loan and was told the knew nothing of it and I would have to be referred to the school loan department and a Mr. Pat Kelleher. Mr. Kelleher set me up for the school loan program and charged me another $500 which was put on a credit card and gave me more monthly payments which I began paying. He sent me a copy of the contract showing the $500 as paid and that was the last I ever heard from him.

Eventually I began to demand something be done and was referred to some sort of customer resolution department where they told me among other things that I had never paid the original $500 on the school loan program. I talked to several people including a Mr. Curt (and the name describes the man ) Richards who said just because the contract acknowledged it as paid meant nothing I would have to prove I paid it. He also told me that I really did not need their services I should file bankruptcy and be done with it which is what I did. My attorney has basically done all the work they promised to do, he has lost no funds paid to him and I now have a payment plan to clear my debts as well as a negotiated settlement on the school loan (It was interest charged during the original bankruptcy which I was not notified of) which is about a fourth of what they were demanding. In 3 years my finances will be straight at last.

My problem is J.K.Harris. They duped me for about $5000 and did absolutely nothing. When I requested a refund from the review and oversight department they claimed I had only paid them $995 (my original retainers were $500 and $1050 alone) and offered me a settlement of $162 claiming that:
1) Initial processing was completed.
2) Power of Attorney was prepared and executed.
3) Initial Review and Evaluation was completed through Welcome Call.
4) Full Credit Reports were ordered.
5) Full Financial Analysis and Development of Long-term Plan was outlined
on the Financial Recovery contract was completed (exact words of the letter)
6) Review and Financial Analysis, achieved through two (2) Monthly Reviews
by a JK Harris Financial Recovery counselor.
7) Two (2) No Contact Reviews were completed. (No clue what this is)

My intention is to take them to small claims court to recover ALL my money since in effect they did absolutely nothing they promised me and for an accounting firm they don't seem too good at keeping up with payments. My problem is I need to name the Salesman on the suit but I have no clue where he is since he disappeared so early on. I have looked for the Princeton office but cannot find an address or phone number for it now apparently it is gone too. Does anyone know a way I might be able to track this guy down?

Alan
Savannah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2008 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris/nationwide/JK-Harris-Salesman-Michael-Roberts-Disappeared-as-well-as-Princeton-Office-I-was-duped-a-309676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.K. Harris

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How To Get Them IntoCourt

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

Alen, You can gothrough small claims, or just file in your district court, and go "PRO se", you only have to name JK Harris, and the result will be the same, or better, and they must hire an attorney to represent them. You can also ask for treble damages.

Peter