Complaint Review: JK Harris

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
JK Harris
jkharris.com Nationwide U.S.A.

JK Harris is a ripoff Jacksonville Florida

I hired JK Harris to help me with some unfiled tax returns. I was told if I receive a garnishment letter from the IRS to contact them and they would handle everything. I completed the forms they gave me and returned the forms to their local office. I did not hear anything from them for 2 months and one day I received a levy notice from the IRS. I contacted JK Harris as told and they told me I would have to pay an additional fee before they could handle the levy. Of course I was upset and asked to speak to a manager. I was told they would investigate and get back to me. The next day the individual that I initially met with, Lenny Bedford contacted me and said the reason I was told about the additional fee was because they never recieved the requested financial information back from me. I explained to him I had returned it as specified but agreed to complete the information a second time.

I contacted the IRS myself and got a 30day extension. I was also told JK Harris had never contacted them about me. 30 days later I got another levy notice from IRS. I contacted JK Harris again and was told my file had been lost and that I would have to start all over again. By this point I was furious but thought I had no other choice. I completed the paperwork for a third time and forwarded to JK Harris. My next pay check was a third of my normal pay. I thought I was going to lose everything. Everytime I contacted my representative, I got a voicemail and no returned phone call.

I ended up filling my own returns and got the levy released and set up a payment plan. A week after I submitted the returns, I got a FedX package from JK Harris. It contained my tax returns but they were so wrong I would have been in more trouble had I submitted. The thing that took me over the top was the fact that when the levy started, they had the nerve to still send the monthly debit to my back account. I requested the debits stop and also requested a full refund. 45 days later I recieved a letter from JK Harris saying my request had been denied because I did not cooperate with then when the requested financial information from them. can you believe that? They should be shut down!!!!!

Arnold
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2004 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JK-Harris/nationwide/JK-Harris-is-a-ripoff-Jacksonville-Florida-78483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JK Harris