Complaint Review: J&L Distributing Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, December 14, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 14, 2009

• Reported By: Allen — Reno Nevada United States of America
J&L Distributing Inc.
1757 Silverada Blvd Reno, Nevada United States of America

J&L Distributing - Kirby Vacuum Systems All Work, No Pay!! J&L Distributing Rip-Off!! Reno, Nevada

I started working for J&L Distributing Inc. on 11/27/2009 in Reno, NV. I moved up to Reno probably a week before i started working at J&L. I seen the ad in the Reno Gazzette & Journal. I, along with everyone else in the class, was under the impression that our training was going to be paid. Thats what we were all told in our interviews. It wasn't til the 3rd or 4th day of our training that we found out our training was NOT paid. But of course this company is ligit!!! YEA RIGHT!!! I worked on the crew for the next week after my training and put 5 people in houses in the first 3 days out in the field. As a canvasser i was told i would be guaranteed a weekly check of, at least, $300.

On that Saturday i was sick and told my Team Leader Saud that i wasn't feeling all that good and was tryna see if I could go home for the day so i wasn't getting everyone else sick. He laughed at me and told me i was going to go out that day anyways, knowing I was sick. I ended up gettin sick while I was suppose to be knockin doors so I stopped knockin. When Saud drove back around in the neighborhood I was in I stopped him and asked if I could clean up a little. He just looked at me wierd, and then i asked him again and he got all mad. I was sick and got left in Carson City, where we were working that week, and told to get myself back to Reno. Any former employees know if this might be against company policy or not?

Then when i got up this morning I called J&L to make sure the checks were there so i could pick up my check. The secretary told me that there wasn't a check for me, but yet I had worked for the last 2 weeks.......Hmmm.........I wonder if its legal to not pay an employee just because you don't want to........ Probably not, huh?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JL-Distributing-Inc/Reno-Nevada-89512/JL-Distributing-Kirby-Vacuum-Systems-All-Work-No-Pay-JL-Distributing-Rip-Off-Reno-539428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J&L Distributing Inc.