Complaint Review: JM Lawn Care

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2013

• Reported By: The Sod Store — Jacksonville Beach Florida
JM Lawn Care
P.O. Box 17428 Jacksonville FL 32245 , Select State/Province USA

JM Lawn Care Lawncare904 We helped you.... And you think you dont have to pay us. Jacksonville Florida

*Author of original report: Pay your bill.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: LawnCare904 responds to Sod Store Complaint

This guy gets scammed out of $400 on a sod install and posted it on craigslist. So we (The Sod Store) emailed him and felt bad for him so we cut our price in half (YES) in HALF got finished with the job (Due to rain and other issue's it took 2.5 weeks to finish) But when we got done he should up I told him I would meet up with him tomorrow to pick up a check. Two days go by and he still has not called me back or pick up his phone then he texted me and tells me his bank was mailing us a check because he felt it would be faster that was on the July 12th so I wait and I get a text with a picture of a auto bill pay stating the check will be mailed on July 22nd So that was FASTER????? Payment is due on comp. of job not 2 weeks later As of today still no check We cut our price in half for this guy. Got a text from him today stating Frankly I don’t care Today is Aug. 6th If someone help me like that…We helped him I would have CASH waiting on them when they finished he saved over $300.00 in LABOR Just because he got scammed don’t mean you can do it to others. JM Lawn Care as lawn904 Jose Matos, 904-955-5539 Pay your bill….

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JM-Lawn-Care-/Select-StateProvince/JM-Lawn-Care-Lawncare904-We-helped-you-And-you-think-you-dont-have-to-pay-us-Jackso-1074388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JM Lawn Care

Pay your bill.

AUTHOR: The Sod Store - ()

Worst at managing a company and should be avoided?
I’m not the one who hired another company to do work for my customer and not pay them to me that the worst managed company. The ones that don’t pay the company they sub too. Its funning that you are saying this because you are chasing a so called company that you paid a check to and they ran off with your money now I’m chasing you to get mine you don’t have a offices to go to pick up a check you. This report is for other subs to avoid you and for the (red flag) THE WORK IS DONE I CAN REQUEST CASH ALL DAY TO SOMEONE THAT HAS NOT PAID…. PAY YOUR BILL

Pay your bill that it you are a ripp off I don’t owe you nothing you owe me how hard is that to understand….. I get mail every day no one is your so called check.

We have not ripped you off of anything the sod is installed the work is done what don’t you understand. Pay you BILL.

You have ripped us off we cut the price in half for YOU……

Look all you have to do is pay what is owed how hard is that?

For the bitter comment why are you still posting on craigslist about the guy who took your money you have done the same to our compnay.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

LawnCare904 responds to Sod Store Complaint

AUTHOR: LawnCare904 - ()

Before believing anything that Jeff Gordon from "The Sod Store" writes, please take a moment and review his standing with the BBB and YP.com.

This person is the absolute worst at managing a company and should be avoided at all cost.  It is true that I was scammed by an individual when sub-contracting a job for a customer and The Sod Store, Jacksonville, FL did reach out with an exceptional offer.

The problem is they do not follow through.  The 2.5 weeks is false...it was almost a month to get the sod ordered and then to find out they measured incorrectly and came out a full pallet short.  My customer was frustrated and so was I! When I last met with Jeff at the customer's home, he indicated he would not bill me and wanted to "meet up later" for cash (RED FLAG). I told him I would not do that and that he would have to send me an invoice.

He reluctantly did invoice me, but would not do so via PayPal which was our original agreement and how I placed my deposit for the sod in the first place. I did authorize a check for the balance of $250.00 via my bank's billpay and advised of when he should receive the payment.

He texted me back and said he didn't want my check - only cash! He said he would not wait until that Monday to receive and gave a deadline of Friday at noon (3 days prior to when he would receive payment). He then stated he would file a case against me and refuse my check when it arrived. I told him to go ahead and file if he wanted to because I was not worried about this case - too many things against him for him to win a case.

On that Friday afternoon, he texted me his attorney's name and a case number and said, "sorry it had to come down to this." After researching I found the attorney did not even practice this type of law and the case number he provided was fake! What a joke!! I called him out on that and told him he will wait for the check and if he chooses to refuse payment, that's up to him.

Apparantly, that check never reached him because he stated he never got it on Monday.  I checked with my bank and they had already issued payment, but they verified he did not cash it.  I called him back and told him I stopped that original check and re-issued a second one.

He again wrote and said no! He only wanted cash! I ignored this until I found out that the second check never reached him.  Now I know anything can get lost in the mail, but twice? I drove by his office and found that there is no sign on the "trailer" where he did business and it looked like that business closed (no surprise there).

I texted him one last time after he again claimed to have a court case against me and I advised that I would NOT issue a third check.  He will now have to either invoice me via PayPal (which probably won't happen since they have confirmed that they are freezing his account) or accept a credit card payment.

This guy is completely dishonest in his business dealings and the customer service is extremely poor.  It is truly too bad because they did offer the best prices I had seen.  At this point, I would recommend paying more per pallet and working with a legitimate-run company.  It is not surprising that he filed this Rip-Off Report against me and just shows a bitter individual who is desperate and has no other options other than to bad mouth a service like mine.

I have nothing to hide and have gathered several people that are willing to testify against him should he ever decide to proceed in court.

I welcome any questions re: this matter.  My contact number is 904-955-5539.