Complaint Review: JMW Financial Services

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, November 08, 2004

• Reported By:Milton West Virginia
JMW Financial Services
2655 W Guadalupe Rd Ste. 30 Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

JMW Financial Services Scam Mesa Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Misinformation

*Consumer Comment: They do have a website.

*UPDATE Employee: Terrible Scam

I was reading the news ads and happended to come across JMW's ad. I still have the newspaper. It says that they will train you at home to help the U.S. government file HUD/FHA mortgage refunds. You will earn between $250-$500 a week. No experience necessary. The number to call was, 1-800-778-0353.

I called the number and a very nice lady named Cynthia asked if I was over 18 and where I was from. I replied. She put me on hold for a few seconds and returned on the line stating that they had only 1 position left in my area. She said that I would make approx. 30% of all the refunds that I filed. To file a refund all you had to do was recieve your list of names, which they would provide for you, and search for the owner of the refund using the online white pages.

She said that I would have to pay a $98 refundable fee. With that fee JMW was supposed to provide training materials. I was to recieve those materials within 10 to 12 business days. When I got the materials I was supposed to have a trainer that I needed to call and I could get one on one training.

Then, something struck me as odd. The $98 fee is only refundable for 90 days. She told me that my training was 90 days. And, to beat it all. The waiting period for HUD claims is 180 days. I thought that I was just being overly skeptical. You know, to good to be true. So, I blew off the suspicions and gave her all my account info.

After ending the conversation, I looked on the web for this company to see exactly what they do. The first PAGE of listings were all warnings to be pay close attention to JMW Financial because it was all a scam. I looked at several sites and could not find one site that belonged to the company.

All I know is the ahve somthing to do with mortgages, HUD, and FHA. As a soon-to-be first time mom, I understand people work hard for their money. Please, don't let someone cheat you out of what you earn the legal way.Please be cautious when dealing with this company.

Lora
Milton, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2003 12:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JMW-Financial-Services/Mesa-Arizona/JMW-Financial-Services-Scam-Mesa-Arizona-73022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JMW Financial Services

AUTHOR: Samantha - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to point out that this suggested that JMW will only let you have a refund within 90 days. They actually just ask you to wait 90 days to request a refund, so that you give the program a shot. I personally think people have just gotten scared right off the bat and let their feelings that it's "too good to be true" take over before even trying the program.

They do have a website.

AUTHOR: Shelley - (U.S.A.)

This complaint indicates that this company does not have a website or that it is hard to find.

It is easy to find and it is an easy web site to navigate. It gives lots of information about the company.

The website is: www.jmwfinancial.com.

Terrible Scam

AUTHOR: Shannon - (U.S.A.)

I am a first time Mom dealing with this so called company as well. Please be careful when dealing with this company.