Complaint Review: JOHANNES BUILDERS

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: David — Chicago Illinois
JOHANNES BUILDERS
S. La Grange Rd. Chicago, La Grange, Brookfield, Illinois USA

JOHANNES BUILDERS I paid for items and he refuse to return the payment nor provide the items (I got it on text). Chicago, La Grange, Brookfield Illinois

Jerry (Gerald R. Johannes) from JOHANNES BUILDERS posted a craigslist ad selling "desks / office cubicals (la grange)" on 2013-04-18, 9:45am CDT. Posting ID number: 3571046951.

I'm a new business owner with a very limited budget and was looking for used cubicals spaces so I can hire employees. On April 21, 2013 I drove all the way from Rogers Park in Chicago to Brookfield IL and followed him to his storage space (drove over 2 hours to get to the items - gas money!) on the far southside of IL (about 20 minutes from the Indiana border). I saw the cubicals and the desks, we agreed for $440 for 2 desks, 6 cubical walls and 8 posts and Jerry would also deliver the items.  Jerry signed a paper contract with all this info, and I gave him $140 down payment and another $300 would be paid AFTER he deliver all the items.

We agreed that Jerry would deliver all the items a week after on Friday April 26, 2013.  I called him to (708) 715-5212 on Tuesday 4/23/2013 and he stated that Friday would be a good day for him to deliver.  I also called him on Thursday 4/25/2013 and everything was ok and as planned for the day after delivery. When I called him on Friday 4/26/2013 to discuss time of delivery, he said that he wants additional $250.  I was in shock as this is not what we agreed. I asked him to mail me the downpayment or to deliver the items as we agreed, he said that he wants the entire amount to be paid and additional $250 before he delivered.

For couple weeks after I asked him to return the downpayment, either to mail it to me or I will come all the way there to pick it up, he refuses to return and he wants me to send him the rest of the money.

BEWARE!!!! this guy is a bad bad guy to do business with, he is a scammer and will steal your money if you give him any money before you take any items with you.  I bet I'm not the only one he ripped off as he told me over the phone that "ME DO NOT PAY ANYTHING, I JUST TAKE"

Check out the pictures of his business card, his Craigslist posting and the paper he signed! Be careful, he would rip you off!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JOHANNES-BUILDERS/Chicago-La-Grange-Brookfield-Illinois/JOHANNES-BUILDERS-I-paid-for-items-and-he-refuse-to-return-the-payment-nor-provide-the-i-1050899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JOHANNES BUILDERS