• Report: #432049

• Submitted: Sun, March 08, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 29, 2009

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
JOHN ROBERT POWERS, COURTNEY HOWELL AND DALE HOWELL
8130 Baymeadows Way West Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

JOHN ROBERT POWERS JACKSONVILLE, COURTNEY HOWELL DOES NOT PAY EMPLOYEES!!! Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Took off with my money!!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dale and Courtney are GREAT!

*UPDATE Employee: You Damn Right!!!!

*Author of original report: Courtney is the worst

First off COURTNEY HOWELL AND DALE HOWELL are professional SCAM ARTIST. and second they will send a rebuttal and "act" like they are someone else. Now....so I took a job and John Robert Powers. I was excited and I thought this would be great new place to work. Well reality set in very soon.

So here is a little history on them: they have owned over 11 JRP's and have had to flee each of them....they will say: "oh, we sold that one...we just wanted a change". Well not true, they have SCAMMED people in each city they have been in...Atlanta, New Jersey, Alabama, Virgina, Honalulu, just to name a few.

So, I worked for them part-time and COURTNEY (passive aggressive liar) hired us and had HIGHHHH expectations and never trained any of us. She never trained staff because she could care less about what we say to people as long as we book them for an appointment so she could scam them out of $$$$$. THOUSANDS!!!! So at any rate...when paycheck time come all of the staff race o the bank so we can cash our checks before the other person.

ALL of the staff's checks were NO GOOD. this has happen over and over. But, yes, we EVENTUALLY, got our money. But should we have to work and get paid 1 month later. She has never apologized. She gets new staff every month and uses them until payday and then hires more.

IF you are looking for a job, do not go to JRP Jacksonville, unless you want to lie to children, and rip off their parents and do it all for free.

Now courtnry will will rebute this and act like she is some HAPPY person who thinks she has fair business practices....so Courtney, Dale or (Tammy) the 19 year old flunkly who they have brainwashed) please respond like you are someone totally different....

Jane Doe
jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2009 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JOHN-ROBERT-POWERS-COURTNEY-HOWELL-AND-DALE-HOWELL/Jacksonville-Florida-not-sure/JOHN-ROBERT-POWERS-JACKSONVILLE-COURTNEY-HOWELL-DOES-NOT-PAY-EMPLOYEES-Jacksonville-Fl-432049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JOHN ROBERT POWERS, COURTNEY HOWELL AND DALE HOWELL

Took off with my money!!!

AUTHOR: JRPSUX - (United States of America)

These scum bags took off with my money!!! They said they were moving to the Summer Sands Shopping Center in Neptune Beach, FL from Baymeadows Way Jacksonville, FL and they never opened the new location. Their website, e-mail and phone #s are all disconnected. I've already paid them for my daughters classes and they are no where to be found. I called the Atlanta operations as it outlines in my contract to find out they've sold that location to someone and disappeared as well. The gentleman I spoke to in Atlanta told me they have done this in Alabama and New Jersey. He has been getting many angry phone calls from parents that are looking for the Howell duo. They are fantastic...indeed...at running off with your money!

Hey - ex-employee that thinks these flea bags are great! Let me know where I can reach them so I can get my money back, if not you must be in on their scam...or you're probably one of the Howells. I understand when the economy takes a turn and the business has to close but we paid for our classes and should have been told they were closing so our money could be refunded.

The worst part is my daughter is upset because she was really looking forward to the classes...all I have to say is karma...it will come back to bite them.

I found out they haven't paid their business tax or renewed their business liscense in a few years but they were just operating until June at the Baymeadows location. They operate under multiple company names and addresses just in the state of Florida, God knows how many they have nationwide, they are professional scam artists.

Hey Courtney and Dale - if you're reading this and want to clear your name - let me know how I can reach you to get my money back.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dale and Courtney are GREAT!

AUTHOR: Actorman - (USA)

Well first off I am not Dale, Courtney or Tammy.  I have worked for both Dale and Courtney and they are great people.  I was always paid on time and never had a problem with them.  So maybe it was different in Jacksonville, but I got paid on time every time and sometimes with bonuses!  Someone said they worked in Atlanta and that it closed...it is still open to this day!  Call them 404-877-1155

The economy has effected everyone and JRP is not immune to that.  I know JRP has closed some of their offices due to the economy.  I believe the JRP in Jacksonville is one of them.  There are businesses closing all around us and people seem to understand unless it is JRP.  JRP is a school and they are very upfront about it.  So yes it does cost money.  How is that ripping kids off?

You are obviously disgruntled employees who did not do your jobs.  In my experience in working with Dale and Courtney, they are nice to people who do their jobs and not nice to people who don't. Hmmm...I wonder where you fall?

You Damn Right!!!!

AUTHOR: Aspiring Actress - (U.S.A.)

I was an employee in the Atlanta office for DALE HOWELL...at first, he made me believe in the company and I am a team player, I wanted to do the best I could possibly do for the kids and parents who would be coming in for the auditions...I was excited to come to work everyday!

After a while, just like the previous person stated, we worked and received no money. There was always an excuse and promises that we would get it soon, until one day, mysteriously the office was closed! And just like that he left us out to dry, not knowing what to do or who to turn to! Students, parents, rent payers and just plain ol' good workers were and still have not been compensated for all of the work that we did for DALE HOWELL!

Just like the other report, we had a revolving door, people kept coming and going every two weeks, as I said, Dale was very convincing at first and I believed in him, that's why I stayed around but I am very disappointed and feel so stupid for trusting him!

I have met his wife when she was stationed in the Alabama office and she was just as terrible as he was...I guess they're the perfect team! Partners in crime!

I think that it is unfair and horrible, what you are doing and know that one day you will have to pay for all of the trouble and discontent you are causing all over this country...every dog will have there day!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

It's time these scams are put to an end. Perhaps we should put together a task-force or something and END IT. I feel so sorry for young people and their parents who work hard for that money only to throw it away.

I think it would help if everyone understood the financial component of these scams. If you think about it - they will sign anyone who forks over the cash, and frequently, these "agencies" will sign 100 people/month.

Let's do some math. If they ask for just $2,000 from each actor/actress/model, and sign 100 of them, that's $200,000.00 that can bring in in one month. Yikes!! And, how many people can they ACTUALLY represent? A real agent will put in serious time for every person they represent. If an agency with a staff of four is representing 500 people, there's no way possible that every person is actually being REPRESENTED. They may all get a 1" x 1" headshot put into some book, but there's no real representation.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Matthew - (U.S.A.)

Well, I am a former employee of the HOWELL DUO. I dont know much about the Florida JRP, but I can tell you I have worked for the duo and they are far pass scam artist. they should go down in history for being the modern day SCAM COUPLE. They should be locked up. They are money hungry scum. If you can avoid them please do at all cost. and if you are a parent please please please dont fall for her evil smile and and his convincing script!