Complaint Review: JOHNSONS PONTIAC, INC

• Submitted: Tue, October 12, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 12, 2004

• Reported By:LECANTO Florida
JOHNSONS PONTIAC, INC
3029 S. SUNCOAST BLVD HOMOSASSA, Florida U.S.A.

JOHNSONS PONTIAC, INC FALSE ADVERTISEMENT REGARDING "FREE TIRES FOR LIFE" HOMOSASSA Florida

*Author of original report: web site for Johnsons

We purcahsed several NEW vehicles from the Johnsons dealerships, most recently having been 2 NEW Pontiac Vibes. Part of this consideration was due to the Johnson warranty that guaranteed tire replacement and oil changes for as long as you owned the vehicle. We were very explicite prior to purchasing these vehicles that they understood that they were going to be used for mail delivery. Everyone involved, from the salesperson, to the sales manager, to the owner himself were informed about this and all agreed that that would not be a problem. We didn't even haggle on the price of the vehicles, knowing we were overpaying, in consideration of this warrantee.

Vibe #1 had front tires worn out at the 4000 mile mark, this surprised even me. My own 10 year experience of having done this mail job has shown me that I usually get about 8000 before replacement is necessary. The dealer flat out refused to honor the warrantee stating that I must have "abused" the tires. This vehicle was ONLY used for mail delivery and for no other purpose. THey charged me full price for the tires.

Vibe #2 the tires lasted quite a bit longer, up to the 8000 mark. Again, the dealership refused to honor their warrantee, stating that it was not normal wear. While I fully agree that a vehicle driven on a daily basis over a variety of roads may or may not receive better tread wear, a vehicle that is used specifically for mail delivery will not get the type of tread wear as another vehicle. So that 8000 miles IS normal wear for the vehicle. They refused to budge on this issue .

I reminded the owners son Bobby that we didn't even haggle on the priceing of the vehicles in order to be fair. He said that was of no concern to him. He would not honor the warrantee. He did offer a counter-offer of charging "cost" for the tires. This would have been agreeable BEFORE we purchased the cars under the guise of an honest warrantee. I am more than certain that there are a number of individuals who have been TAKEN by this unscrupulous dealership. We have experienced it and have heard of others who have gotten the same treatment. Something needs to be done. EIther they honor the warrantee that THEY stated, or they can refund me the several thousands of dollars that I overpaid for each of the vehicles in favor of their warrantee.

Gary
LECANTO, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2004 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JOHNSONS-PONTIAC-INC/HOMOSASSA-Florida-34448/JOHNSONS-PONTIAC-INC-FALSE-ADVERTISEMENT-REGARDING-FREE-TIRES-FOR-LIFE-HOMOSASSA-Florid-112516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JOHNSONS PONTIAC, INC

web site for Johnsons

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

The following is the web address for Johnsons Pontiac. They also have the same ad for each of their other dealerships which include Kia, Mitsubishi& Suzuki. They may have another car dealership as well but it escapes my memory at this time:

you will see clearly their promises right on line. The same promises made in print ads and radio spots. They tell everone to get the
"BIG JOHNSON" DEAL.