• Report: #48231

Complaint Review: JOSEPH ALLAN FIOURIS

Thank You

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

  • Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 17, 2005

  • Reported By:Hiram Georgia
JOSEPH ALLAN FIOURIS
NEWARK, New Jersey U.S.A.

JOSEPH ALLAN FIOURIS DEAD BEAT DAD, NOTHING FOR OVER 10 YEARS CON dead beat only cares about himself Rip-off Dad NEWARK NEW JERSEY

*Consumer Comment: there's always a choice

*Consumer Comment: Equality is a lost concept

*Consumer Comment: Men DO have a choice

*Consumer Comment: Men DO have a choice

*Consumer Comment: To Marcie in the burning river city.

*Consumer Comment: Men have a choice...

*Consumer Comment: Sticks and Stones

*Consumer Comment: Sticks and Stones ...Both of you chose to have sex

*Consumer Comment: reesponse to response

*Consumer Comment: Lowellville resident pointing fingers? What a joke!

*Consumer Comment: What CHOICE was he given?

*Consumer Suggestion: Your shildren sould be entitled to Social Security from a disabled parent.

*Author of original report: Joseph Allan Fiouris is residing in Villa Rica, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I know Joseph Allan Fiouris

*Author of original report: now resides in Douglasville Georgia

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I have two children by Joseph Fiouris, a son that is 15 and a daughter that is 17. They don't know their sperm donor, because he didn't want them to know him. He has not paid his measley little $70.00 a week child support ever with the exception of 3 weekly payments in Dec.1992. He only paid then because CSS caught up with him. He took me to court then to demand his parental rights (visitation) which he saw them 3 times!

His choice. He has four other children that I know of, one of which he gave up for adoption. CSS claims they can't locate him. Even when he was still in GA. and I gave them his address they couldn't find him. If anyone can tell me where he is now it would be greatly appreciated. He claims to be of greek desendant, last known wife's name is Margie, he has family in Jersey that he located in the early 90's. Even though he has not paid child support in so long he still has valid GA license. Usually works under the table in construction or plumbing. Help my children get their money!

Chris
Hiram, Georgia
U.S.A.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2003 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JOSEPH-ALLAN-FIOURIS/NEWARK-New-Jersey/JOSEPH-ALLAN-FIOURIS-DEAD-BEAT-DAD-NOTHING-FOR-OVER-10-YEARS-CON-dead-beat-only-cares-abo-48231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JOSEPH ALLAN FIOURIS

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
0Author 15Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Comment

there's always a choice

AUTHOR: S. - (U.S.A.)

No one seems to realize that both parties always have a choice. The sex act is designed to produce another human being. Everyone knows that there is always a chance for pregnancy every time you have sex. So, if you can't handle it, don't have sex. Otherwise, be prepared for the consequences.

Once a child is conceived he becomes the responsibility of BOTH parents. Comments like "get a job" to women who are raising kids alone are just plain ignorant. I am sure she has a job, but that doesn't relieve the father of HIS financial responsibility.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Comment

Equality is a lost concept

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

As a victim/child of a similar situation I must applaud Anthony on his insight. How can I help?
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Consumer Comment

Men DO have a choice

AUTHOR: Joianne - (U.S.A.)

I was just presented with this choice for my ex Darryl. (see http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff96207.htm) yes a dad CAN turn over his rights as long as there is a nother party to sign them to. an example he can sign rights over to the mothers new husband. It works almost like adoption.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#4 Consumer Comment

Men DO have a choice

AUTHOR: Joianne - (U.S.A.)

I was just presented with this choice for my ex Darryl. (see http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff96207.htm) yes a dad CAN turn over his rights as long as there is a nother party to sign them to. an example he can sign rights over to the mothers new husband. It works almost like adoption.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#5 Consumer Comment

To Marcie in the burning river city.

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

"Men have a choice... "

Men DO NOT have legal choice. They are NOT able to sign anything away. Ohio Revised Code 3109.042 assigns custody to "an unmarried female who gives birth..." You are probably refering to legal abandonment, which is worded fairly. "any custodial parent may.." drop the kid off at a hospital, etc withing 72 hours of birth. Notice they give the woman custody, then allow only custodial parents to abandon.

"Men Do have a choice after conception as to whether or not they want to be a parent. I believe they have to sign away their parental rights to do this. Most deadbeat dads want to spend time with their kids (when it's convenient for them) but dont want to have the financial responsibilities."

If a man agrees to be a parent, then I agree with you; he's scum if he doesn't take care of those kids. If a man doesn't want the children, then the woman is scum for forcing him to be a parent.

"While birth control does go both ways, it was stupid and irreponsible of him to assume she was using any."

I agree

"Smart men who dont want kids dont rely on anyone but themselves when it comes to protecting themselves. He chose to be stupid so why should she have to consult with him when she was deciding to be a parent? He chose NOT to exercise his choice of wearing a condom."

Sounds to me like you're saying it's ok for a woman to trap a man as long as he was stupid enough not to wear a condom. That's akin to saying that a family killed by a drunk has no rights because they weren't wearing seat belts.

"While they did both choose to have sex, the fact remains that he chose not to use protection, he now has children. And there seems to be more than one. If he didnt want any more after the first one, he should have taken precautional matters into his own hands. Accidents happen, but when there's multiple accidents, that is called carelessness and his children shouldnt have to suffer because he chose to be careless. End of story."

No, Marcie. It's not the end of story. It's only the beginning. Men are getting tired of being shafted by feminists AND the government combined. We're getting organized, and one of two things will happen: We'll either put the crap back into Pandora's box, or men will receive fair and equal rights. Do you understand equality Marcie? Equality is neither privilege or oppression. Equality = equality. Maternal instincts running wild is as filthy, as horrible, and as degrading as rape. We will no longer sit idle while maternalism and feminism ruins men's lives.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#6 Consumer Comment

Men have a choice...

AUTHOR: Marcie - (U.S.A.)

Men Do have a choice after conception as to whether or not they want to be a parent. I believe they have to sign away their parental rights to do this. Most deadbeat dads want to spend time with their kids (when it's convenient for them) but dont want to have the financial responsibilities.

While birth control does go both ways, it was stupid and irreponsible of him to assume she was using any. Smart men who dont want kids dont rely on anyone but themselves when it comes to protecting themselves. He chose to be stupid so why should she have to consult with him when she was deciding to be a parent? He chose NOT to exercise his choice of wearing a condom.

While they did both choose to have sex, the fact remains that he chose not to use protection, he now has children. And there seems to be more than one. If he didnt want any more after the first one, he should have taken precautional matters into his own hands. Accidents happen, but when there's multiple accidents, that is called carelessness and his children shouldnt have to suffer because he chose to be careless. End of story.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#7 Consumer Comment

Sticks and Stones

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

>"Anthony from Lowellville, I have seen you post pretty much the same exact comments on these deatbeat dad posts blaming the mother. You are completely WRONG! These men DID have a choice and that was to wear a condom if they didnt want to have children to support."

Birth control goes both ways. This is a CHOICE that both parties are responsible for.

>"How dare you try to blame the mother when it is "men" like you who are the reason the welfare rolls are so long in this country!"

Welfare is almost dead. They've moved it to the backs of non custodial fathers. What am I blaming the mother for? Where did you see that?

"Do you know how much it costs to support a child?"

Yes I do. I raised my only son alone, by choice.

"I dont have any, but I have friends who do. I also klnow it's damn near impossible for a single mother in this country to make a decent salary and properly parent her children. This is for numerous reasons, but a fewof the main ones are going to be listed now. For one thing, the patriarchal values that dictate our economy make it impossible for a woman to get ahead in the business world with children unless she basically has a nanny care for them day and night. Employers dont like having to give women maternity leave and it's frowned upon in many workplaces to have to take a day off or leave work early to care for a sick child. FOr many women, it's either have a career or have a family."

You're talking issues here that have no bearing on choice. Women have post conception choices that that would prevent these problems: abortion, legal abandonment, or adoption. Men don't.

"Men do not face these issues unless he's a single parent and then he's looked upon as being a 'hero' ..."

No one ever called me a hero for raising my son, but I did get a few "aw, geez...isn't that nice."


"...for his child when in reality, he isnt doing anything different that many women have been doing since the beginning of time, yet women are criticized for their choices...."

The only choice women make that I'm criticizing is the choice to force parenthood on men that don't want to be fathers.


> "Somany women give up higher paying jobs to be better parents for their children, which to me is more important than having the best paying job because children need their parents more than they need the latest in everything.:

Kudos to these women, shame on the ones that have forced parenthood on the fathers. NO ONE should be forced to be a parent!

>"Another reason these women have a hard time is because of 'men' like YOU who feel they didnt have a choice and make their children suffer because they are pissed off at their own poor judgement."

Men like me? The only thing you know about me Cleveland, is that I'm for CHOICE for men, too.

> "Again, if you dont want to have to support kids, WEAR A CONDOM. After that, you get no choice but to support your children."

That's my complaint exactly, thank you. We get no choice, but she does.

> "If you dont, they'll grow up knowing what a bastard you are and what goes around will come around."

Actually, it's just the opposite. My father was lucky enough not to have his life ruined by my mother. This made me more aware than most of the importance of fathers in childrens' lives, WHEN a father CHOOSES to be a father.

> "The agencies governing support dont have enough resources to chase you deadbeats around making sure you do what you should rightfully do out of your own free will. While some women abuse the system, most dont and are struggling to make ends meet without having to go on welfare."

Why are there no agencies going around chasing deadbeat mothers who have abortions, or legally abandon their babies, or give them up for adoption? Don't they shirk their duty to their babies?

> "Also, I find it highly ironic that someone from the crappy Youngstown area would throw stones at this particular glass house. That area is a total dump and hasmorethan it's fair share of deadbeat 'men' who make babies then refuse to support them."

Do you have any statistics to prove this? BTW, Youngstown is a dump because all of the larger Ohio cities scarf the majority of available state funds and the fact that Cleveland has to keep their rivers from catching fire.

> "YOU are probably one of those. Get a life and get a clue."

Again, you don't know me.

> "Why should a woman have to give up her child to pacify some degenerate man like you who regrets his decision not to protect himself? SHE SHOULD NOT. Grow up. I sincerely hope you have no kids and men like you should be sterilized to keep from repeating the cycle of nonsupport. "

No one is asking any woman to give any children up. (I always say, when lacking facts to back up your emotions, start name calling.) Are you too lazy to read what I posted, or are you quoting from a very faulty and biased memory?

>"Cry me a river you loser."

At least that river won't be on fire.


>"Marcie - Cleveland, Ohio
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#8 Consumer Comment

Sticks and Stones ...Both of you chose to have sex

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

I'm not a deadbeat dad, she's a deadbeat mom. I have never seen the inside of a family court. I raised my son alone.

If this man had wanted children to begin with, I would understand your point. Your post made it seem as if he didn't want them at any time. This leads to me to believe he had no choice on parenthood. BTW: choice of birth control goes both ways.

Both of you chose to have sex, YOU decided to keep the children, your choice. Men have no legal choices NOT to be a parent, save the one choice to keep it in his pants. Same goes for the woman. They have zippers too. But women have additional LEGAL choices to avoid parenthood including abortion, legal abandonment, and adoption.

After conception, YOU chose to be a parent. Men don't have that choice. Society has taught women that they can let their maternal desires run rampant, even to the point of ruining life for another citizen.

I apologize if I seem to be making light of your situation. I'm not. If at any time he led you to believe he would accept the kids after birth, he's a heel. But isn't a woman who forces parental responsibility on a man the same heel?
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#9 Consumer Comment

reesponse to response

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Anthony of Lowellville, you are probably one of those loser, con deadbeat dads that promise to love and cherish until it comes to responsibilty. I am not on welfare, I do not want Joe's money, I am not sitting on my ass. I cherish the children I had with this man. They deserve what he never gave them. I gave them love and support all their lives, since he was incapable of love he could have atleast helped support them. Instead he took from them. I did just fine raising them by myself, you don't get the point-IDIOT!

As for the previous comment on the subject of drawing off his diability, I made an appt. for my two children. They were told he did not get enough for them to get anything from them(Social Security) and the oldest has turned eighteen, she would never get anything, and that the younger one might get death benefits if Joe dies before he turns 18.

They give up on ever receiving anything from him.

Thanks for your responses, yes even you Anthony!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#10 Consumer Comment

Lowellville resident pointing fingers? What a joke!

AUTHOR: Marcie - (U.S.A.)

Anthony from Lowellville, I have seen you post pretty much the same exact comments on these deatbeat dad posts blaming the mother. You are completely WRONG! These men DID have a choice and that was to wear a condom if they didnt want to have children to support. How dare you try to blame the mother when it is "men" like you who are the reason the welfare rolls are so long in this country! Do you know how much it costs to support a child? I dont have any, but I have friends who do. I also klnow it's damn near impossible for a single mother in this country to make a decent salary and properly parent her children. This is for numerous reasons, but a fewof the main ones are going to be listed now. For one thing, the patriarchal values that dictate our economy make it impossible for a woman to get ahead in the business world with children unless she basically has a nanny care for them day and night. Employers dont like having to give women maternity leave and it's frowned upon in many workplaces to have to take a day off or leave work early to care for a sick child. FOr many women, it's either have a career or have a family. Men do not face these issues unless he's a single parent and then he's looked upon as being a 'hero' for his child when in reality, he isnt doing anything different that many women have been doing since the beginning of time, yet women are criticized for their choices. Somany women give up higher paying jobs to be better parents for their children, which to me is more important than having the best paying job because children need their parents more than they need the latest in everything.

Another reason these women have a hard time is because of 'men' like YOU who feel they didnt have a choice and make their children suffer because they are pissed off at their own poor judgement. Again, if you dont want to have to support kids, WEAR A CONDOM. After that, you get no choice but to support your children. If you dont, they'll grow up knowing what a bastard you are and what goes around will come around. The agencies governing support dont have enough resources to chase you deadbeats around making sure you do what you should rightfully do out of your own free will. While some women abuse the system, most dont and are struggling to make ends meet without having to go on welfare.

Also, I find it highly ironic that someone from the crappy Youngstown area would throw stones at this particular glass house. That area is a total dump and hasmorethan it's fair share of deadbeat 'men' who make babies then refuse to support them. YOU are probably one of those. Get a life and get a clue. Why should a woman have to give up her child to pacify some degenerate man like you who regrets his decision not to protect himself? SHE SHOULD NOT. Grow up. I sincerely hope you have no kids and men like you should be sterilized to keep from repeating the cycle of nonsupport.

Cry me a river you loser.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#11 Consumer Comment

What CHOICE was he given?

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

When you found out you had conceived, the law gave you an option to terminate your parental rights and responsibilities through abortion. You also had the right to surrender the child to authorities within a certain time frame after the birth, or you could have put the child up for adoption. At NO TIME did Joseph have any of these rights or choices. You became pregnant and decided to let your maternal hormones get the best of you. Get off your butt, get a decent job, and get on with your life.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#12 Consumer Suggestion

Your shildren sould be entitled to Social Security from a disabled parent.

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

I know of a few kids that receive such. It's not much but since the State is so helpful to you. Atleast draw what money you can from them. Also I would check into when he become disable. When you file for diability they have to pay from the beginning date. Then your kids should receive it from the beginning date. I bet one of the lawyers that do the cases would be willing to get it for a cut?
THE STATES ARE SO HELPFUL.... WHAT A JOKE
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#13 Author of original report

Joseph Allan Fiouris is residing in Villa Rica, Georgia

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

It has recently came to light that Joseph Allan Fiouris is residing in Villa Rica, Georgia. As for recovering any child support, I've been told my children will recieve nothing from him. He was disabled in a car accident while being driven by a drunk driver. Child support recovery said they couldn't touch any monies he is recieving or recieved in any settlements. So my children lose in the situation. Thanks for any responses to my report.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#14 Consumer Comment

I know Joseph Allan Fiouris

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I was shocked to find this report online since I am a first cousin to this fellow, Joseph Allan Fiouris. He is the illegitimate son to my Uncle Andrew, My fathers older brother. The last time I saw Joe was the first time he contacted my uncle in the early 90's, as you stated earlier. That was the first time I found out of his existence, he was obviously kept hush hush for 30 some odd years by my family since our Greek Cypriot Heritage frowns upon illegitimacy. It's news to me that he is since disabled in a car accident. I hope everything works our for you in obtaining the due child support. Perhaps you should contact the childrens grandfather.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#15 Author of original report

now resides in Douglasville Georgia

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

The dead-beat dad Joseph Allan Fiouris now resides in Douglasville Georgia. It is belived that he was in an accident last year that may have left him disabled. If you have any information about where he can be located please respond!!!
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.



Ripoff Report Legal Directory