Complaint Review: JP Media - Interactive Audio Text Services

• Updated: Tue, December 09, 2003

• Reported By:Aztec New Mexico
JP Media - Interactive Audio Text Services
Nationwide U.S.A.

JP Media Interactive Audio Text Services ripoff - unauthorized credit card charges Nationwide

On Nov 7, 2003 JP Media charged $96 to my credit card. This is an unauthorized charge. When I called the phone number listed next to the charge (888-548-1032) a guy named George said his company (Interactive Audio Text Services) is no longer associated with JP Media and says he has no way to contact them.

The only thing I can do is dispute the charge with my credit card company. He also mentioned the company name Cybershops and said it could be a charge for an online shopping club membership. Interesting how he couldnt tell me exactly what the charges are for! I feel sceptical about his story.

However, in going through my statements I realized that Cybershops sounded familiar and found a charge for $3.95 a couple of months ago from them on the same credit card. I dont know if they are really involved are not. I wonder if George is just try to pass the buck? But, I am contacting them as well and disputing the charge with my credit card company. I think I will also cancel the credit card, just in case...

Wish me luck in getting back my $96.00. George says they did not recieve the money (right! My credit card just randomly decided to list his phone number next to the charge!) and cannot tell me how to get a refund.

Aztec, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2003 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Media-Interactive-Audio-Text-Services/nationwide/JP-Media-Interactive-Audio-Text-Services-ripoff-unauthorized-credit-card-charges-Nationw-74529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Media - Interactive Audio Text Services