• Report: #72000

• Reported By:Patchogue New York
JP Media
www.jpmedialtd.com Internet U.S.A.

JP Media ripoff stole $96 from bank account no idea how they got info Internet

On 11/14, i was checking my bank statement online and came across a charge of $96 posted on 11/12:
Purchase JP Media 11/07/03 888-548-1032

Here's the funny thing---I handle all electronic charges from this account and I WAS OUT OF TOWN on 11/7!!! So i ask my husband anyway, did you buy anything?? "NO, i don't even know where to find the account #." OK, maybe i paid some bill or something before i left...

So, I call the # and get this multi-business call center who ask for my account # in order to track down the transaction--UMMM NOOO! so she tells me to contact my bank and they can do a third party search or some such thing... and they give me this bogus internet address that merely leads to one page :

If you have a charge you don't recognize, yada yada yada, contact us via e-mail or... you guessed it, this ridiculous call center.

I'm sure i can get the charge removed, but the sad part is, unless you really keep on top of your accounts, you'd never notice it, and...they already have your money!
If this is theft of info through JP media--as they claim...where, exactly is the money being routed to?? Shouldn't it be that easy to track down??

Patchogue, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2003 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Media/internet/JP-Media-ripoff-stole-96-from-bank-account-no-idea-how-they-got-info-Internet-72000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Media