Complaint Review: JP Morgan Chase Bank - Auto Finance

• Submitted: Thu, February 24, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: Disgusted! — OKC Oklahoma United States of America
JP Morgan Chase Bank - Auto Finance

JP Morgan Chase Bank - Auto Finance Chase Bank Harrassing, Disrespecful, Rude Customer Service , Internet

*Consumer Comment: I agree with Robert

*Consumer Comment: No RipOff...

I have only been dealing with Chase Auto Finance for 9 months and I am more than fed up! First of all, when I got my vehicle financed through this company I requested that my payment be due either on the first of the month, or the fiftenth (being that I am a disabled vet that gets a check on the first, and I also work for the federal government and gets paid on the fiftenth). Origianally, I was told that my request would be granted. Once I got my statement in the mail, I noticed my payments were due on the twenty second of each month!?!?!? I called the company and requested the date to be changed, and it was not done. Having my payment due on that odd day of the month, made it difficult for me to manage it along with the rest of my bills. This caused my payment every month to be a week late. Starting the very next day (twenty third) I began to get harrassing phone calls almost every hour of the day. These calls were going to my home, my husband, my job, and only God knows where else. I told them they should see in their records that I always paid one week late (on the first of each month). After 9 months of being harrassed and talked down too, I finally decided to get my car refinanced through my personal bank that does my payroll and other things. By doing this, I saved approximatly one hundred dollars a month, and a decreased interest rate. Also, my payments are deducted from my payroll check twice per month, which is a huge relief!! I have heard nothing good about this bank. I would suggest that any and everyone who has accounts with them, find a new institution for your financial needs ASAP!!! Thank God I got away when I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase-Bank-Auto-Finance/internet/JP-Morgan-Chase-Bank-Auto-Finance-Chase-Bank-Harrassing-Disrespecful-Rude-Customer-Ser-699375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Morgan Chase Bank - Auto Finance

I agree with Robert

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You have no valid complaint. The bill was due a week after you got paid. That's very convenient. Why would anyone complaint about that?? Not a rip off.

No RipOff...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Sorry but not changing a due date is NOT a RipOff.  In fact based on what you wrote here the only one responsible for you paying a week late was YOU.

You said you wanted the payments due on the 1st or 15th because those are the days you get paid.  Okay so they made it 1 week AFTER the 15th to give you more time.  There is NO law, and I can guarantee you that there was no provision in the loan that says you couldn't pay 7 days early.  So you could still have made the payment on the 15th.  Unless you are one of those people who NEVER pay early and MUST pay on the exact due date.  If you are in that case you could have done something very radical.  Actually put the money aside when you get paid on the 15th and pay them on the 22nd.

Oh and as for the interest rate, that is no RipOff either.  Because you have had 9 Months of On-Time payments.  Yes as far as the Credit Reports are concerned you are On-Time because you have to be at least 30 days before they report you late.  That IMPROVED your credit rating and enabled you to get a better interest rate.