Complaint Review: J.P. Morgan Chase Bank

• Reported By:Daytona Beach Florida
J.P. Morgan Chase Bank
Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

J.P. Morgan Chase Bank Wrong Bank Account Link Columbus Ohio

I access all of my Chase accounts online at www.chase.com. I recently borrowed money against a new credit card. I went online to pay two accounts, the new credit card and an equity line, and immediately noticed that someone else's banking account information appeared in my drop down box for payment selection. My information was gone. I spoke to several employees at Chase, all whom insisted that this was MY bank account; that I had a three year history with the credit card account , and that I always paid from this bank account. They argued that my credit card was NOT new! Finally, in exasperation, I asked for their security department. I was switched to an overseas operator who listened to my story (for the fourth time) and said, "We will remove the incorrect bank and send you a letter confirming the action."
Now I'm worried. I could have paid all my mortgages, credit card and equity line using another person's banking information. Does this mean that someone has MINE and can empty MY account out at will?
I will now check my bank account DAILY!!!

Maureen
Daytona Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase-Bank/Columbus-Ohio-43271/JP-Morgan-Chase-Bank-Wrong-Bank-Account-Link-Columbus-Ohio-380995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.P. Morgan Chase Bank