Complaint Review: J.P Morgan Chase & Co - Chase Mastercard

• Submitted: Tue, April 20, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 08, 2004

• Reported By:Laguna Hills CA
J.P Morgan Chase & Co - Chase Mastercard
300 S. Grand St., 4th Floor Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

J.P Morgan Chase & Co./Chase Mastercard Rip-off! CHASE HAS RESORTED TO STEALING BANK ACCOUNT PROCEEDS! Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: REVERSE ANY FUNDS THAT CHASE HAD TAKEN BACK

In the year 2000 I acquired a Chase Mastercard. In April of 2001 I decided to make my payments through a reputable debt consolidation program. I made payments thru this program for approximately a year and a half until July of 2003 @ which time Chase decided to sue me via Superior Court.

I contacted an attorney to find out what was going on as I was totally surprised by this. In speaking with Chase's legal department, my attorney was told that they had never accepted my payment agreement and also my payments were supposed to be $63.71 in lieu of $56.00. This was news to myself and my attorney as Chase received electronic debits from the credit counseling service each month; however, never did they request the credit counseling firm or myself for an extra payment of $7.71 per month.

Needless to say, I was shocked that a company would go to that much trouble for an extra $7.71 per month; especially due to the fact they never notified us (the assistant in their legal department, Ms. Smith also confirmed that they never notified myself or the credit counselor). At this point, I believed this was illegal in some way. I was then instructed by Ms. Smith that I would be receiving an arbitration agreement in the mail and would have to make payments to Chase via a third party. The paperwork did not come before the next payment was due; therefore, I sent my payment directly to Chase as I did not have the necessary payment information they had promised. Low and behold the paperwork showed up a few days later, after I sent a letter requesting it.

Meanwhile, I decided to retain an attorney to file a bankruptcy (largely in part due to my problems with Chase). I figured if a company was to be so rude, they would not get another penny of my money! I retained an attorney and notified Chase in August. They then sent paperwork in September to garnish my wages, pretending they had heard nothing from me prior. I again notified them of the bankruptcy to no avail. Guess what! The latest stunt Chase has pulled is they attached my bank account! They just don't give up! I would never recommend Chase to anyone!

TERRIBLE WORK ETHIC! DISHONESTY ABOUNDS!

Keri
Laguna Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2004 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase-Co-Chase-Mastercard/Los-Angeles-California-90071-3401/JP-Morgan-Chase-CoChase-Mastercard-Rip-off-CHASE-HAS-RESORTED-TO-STEALING-BANK-ACCOU-88309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.P Morgan Chase & Co - Chase Mastercard

REVERSE ANY FUNDS THAT CHASE HAD TAKEN BACK

AUTHOR: ZORRAN - (U.S.A.)

MY COMMENT TO THIS IS .

#1-THE CONSUMER WITH DEBT PROBLEM HE/SHE COULD OF FILED A FED FORM 515 WITH HIS/HER BANK AGAINST ANY ACH/EFT THAT COULD BE AUTHORIZED BY CHASE CREDIT CARD TO WITHDRAW FUNDS FROM HIS ACCOUNT.

ALSO IT WOULD REVERSE ANY FUNDS THAT CHASE HAD TAKEN BACK INTO HIS ACCOUNT THIS WILL STOP THEM COLD AT THE BANK.

AND THEY WOULD BE UNABLE TO WITHDRAW ANY MONEY FROM HIS ACCOUNT IF SO THEY WOULD FACE A $50,000 FINE PER TRANSACTION AND WITHDRAWAL FROM THE FEDERAL RESERVE IN THE ABILITY TO NEVER AGAIN BE ABLE TO DO ANY ACH/EFT AS A CREDITOR.IE-NO MORE CREDIT CARD COMPANY!! #2-THE CONSUMER HAS A RIGHT UNDER "US CODE-TITLE 1592c" TO HAVE THE DEBT COLLECTOR TO STOP CORRESPONDING TO ANY AND ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THIS DELINQUENT DEBT.

AND ALL MATTERS WILL BE IN WRITING TO THE DEBTOR.THIS CAN AND WILL BUY THE CONSUMER SOME TIME SO HE/SHE CAN ATTAIN A LAWYER AND HAVE SOME ADDITIONAL HELP.