Complaint Review: J.P. Morgan Chase

• Submitted: Sun, June 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 21, 2009

• Reported By:Mission Texas
J.P. Morgan Chase
P.o. Box 260180 Baton Rouge,, Louisiana U.S.A.

J.P. Morgan Chase Overdraft Fee's excessive Baton Rouge, Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: Chase Overdraft causes hardship to Americans trying to pay bills

I have had repeated overdraft fee's through chase bank, and have tried everything to stop it. I tried using my debit card as just debit only so that I could track my funds directly, yet the charges showed up one day and the balance changed on another. I also have overdraft protection, but they charged me for $35.00 overdraft, and $35.00 return fee! Plainly an ongoing consumer scam. They have taken me for well over $6500.00 in the 2.5 years Ive had my account. Further more I have direct deposit, and the funds seem to go into my account hours too late. This has to stop! Anyone got any idea's? (((email redacted)))

Cbell5557
Mission, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2009 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase/Baton-Rouge-Louisiana-70826/JP-Morgan-Chase-Overdraft-Fees-excessive-Baton-Rouge-Louisiana-463492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.P. Morgan Chase

Chase Overdraft causes hardship to Americans trying to pay bills

AUTHOR: Aj1980 - (U.S.A.)

I don't have much money and I live check to check and Chase is ripping people off during these hard times! perfect example I took out $20 last weekend, I purchased off the dollar menu at McDonalds (3 times) and KFC once, just during the week
However, I forgot about another bill that hit and threw me over a little. So, Chase applied the $20 withdraw from last week and my other bill that was for about $20

They re-adjusted my purchases so my McDonald transactions and KFC was $35 each. so now I have 140 dollars in overdraft fees instead of one $35 charge. Something needs to be done. now one of my bill won't be paid next payday thanks to chase! I will be going to a new bank.