Complaint Review: JP Morgan Chase

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:Georgetown Massachusetts
JP Morgan Chase
chase.com Houston, Texas U.S.A.

JP Morgan Chase Identity Theft claim - Dealing in bad faith Houston Texas

In August or September of 2008 a person unknown to me acquired all the information he needed to used my Washington Mutual Credit Card. This person changed my address once in August to one in Philadelphia and once agian in September to one in Brooklyn (I live in MA). He then proceeded to charge $15,000 on the card. The card was not used after that. I did not discover this until February 2009. Washington Mutual went under and was acquired by Chase. Threfore, they were handling the claim. As soon as I discovered the fraud, I contacted First WaMu and then Chase to clear the matter up and get a major negative entry off of my credit report. At first, Chase appeared to be very helpful and their fraud people kept assuring me that an in vestigator would be assigned. I, of course, assumed that the investigation would establish that identity theft was involved ant that was the reason that the large debt had not been paid. To make a long story short, Chase first place the debt in collection and I received a demand letter from a collection agency. I disputed the debt and soon thereafter Chase sold the debt to a Florida outfit (((REDACTED))) who immediately sent it to one of their local attornies who turned their collection thugs on me. This is an egregious act and now I am faced with an expensive court fight. To my mind Chase had no right to treat me that way. I was dealing in good faith with them and they turned on me. What they did was to write off the debt as bad for tax purposes and then sell it to the highest bidder.

Ted
Georgetown, Massachusetts

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Chase Bank

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase/Houston-Texas-77224-9020/JP-Morgan-Chase-Identity-Theft-claim-Dealing-in-bad-faith-Houston-Texas-458240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Morgan Chase