Complaint Review: JP Morgan Chase

• Submitted: Fri, September 02, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, September 02, 2011

• Reported By: alcapon1 — La Mesa California United States of America
JP Morgan Chase
270 Park Avenue between 47th and 48th Streets Manhattan, New York United States of America

JP Morgan Chase Wamu I had a credit card with Wamu....The company switched to Chase, They said they sent me a new contract that I never received in which I did not opt out of so they raised my intrest to 29.99% Manhattan , New York

*Consumer Comment: Read your statement. Read the newspaper.

I had a credit card from Wamu that was eventually bought out by Chase. During this transition  (according to Chase) they sent me a letter in which I had a choice to opt out of a new contract that I was never even aware of. I never received any information about this and I had no idea they could do such a thing. In this new contract my interest rates changed from 11.99% to 29.99% and additional charges were added to my contract. I contacted the company on several occasions and they insisted that I was sent a letter in the mail.   After arguing with the company about this policy they told me that it was a mistake in which my  interest rates would be corrected.

The same month in 2009 that all this occurred they said I had a late payment...This is a total fabrication.....To this day I pay 29.99% on my credit card and for 3 years I have never missed a payment. They still tell me that they will not lower my interest rate. They have been extremely rude to my inquires about my account,  they have stolen 1000's of dollars from me and I can no longer stand by . I am willing to swear in court,write as many letters as possible, or sacrifice my time and money to make sure this does not happen to anyone else. I seek justice against the company and have decided to contact a lawyer.  I was told that I maybe able to file a lawsuit with no personal expense but I must  first acquiring resources and file complaints with origination like yours.   I have no doubt that this matter will fall under def ears from Chase. Its time someone stood up to these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2011 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase/Manhattan-New-York-10001/JP-Morgan-Chase-Wamu-I-had-a-credit-card-with-WamuThe-company-switched-to-Chase-They-772536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Morgan Chase

Read your statement. Read the newspaper.

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

The current interest rate is on every monthly statement. The law changed in 2010 to prevent banks from increasing the interest rate on existing balances (excluding delinquent accounts and promotions).