Complaint Review: JP Morgan Chase

• Updated: Mon, November 23, 2009

• Reported By: fuzebox — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
JP Morgan Chase

JP Morgan Chase Washington Mutual Debit Card Fraud Claim Denied Internet

Six months ago I noticed a series of $1 pending charges on my account...  I called Chase (still WaMu, back then) and asked about potential fraud.  They said not to worry unless something actually posts.  The next day, there was a $950 pending charge from a random company in Spain (Comercial Vicarvi SL, I could not find any information about them).  I called again, and was told that I could not dispute until it posted.  Two days later, it posted, so I called again and also canceled my debit card.  The amount is credited to my account and the problem seems solved.

Several months later, I have the same charge from my account.  I call up, and apparantly my claim was denied, because the CVV2 number on the transaction matched the one on my card (of course it did, the transaction wouldn't have gone through otherwise, this is how credit card fraud works).  I argued and was told that they could not re-dispute the transaction until I got a police report.  At the time I was travelling in Costa Rica on business, and had to wait over a month before I returned back to the USA to file the report.

Now armed with the police report case number, I called back and was told that that was misinformation, and police reports do not affect their investigations at all.  The fraud claim supervisor told me there was nothing more to be done, and the transaction could not be disputed again.

I'm pretty shocked that a random company/person from another country can withdraw close to $1k from my account and there's nothing I can do about it.  I'm closing my two Chase accounts asap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase/internet/JP-Morgan-Chase-Washington-Mutual-Debit-Card-Fraud-Claim-Denied-Internet-527685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Morgan Chase