Complaint Review: JPMorgan Chase & Co

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: Erick — Yuma Arizona United States of America
JPMorgan Chase & Co

JPMorgan Chase & Co Chase bank took money of my account claiming it was money owed to them. Internet

On 07/24/2012 I reported fraudulent activity on my chase checking account to chase in the amount of $3,159.97. Chase then credit me back does fraudulent charges back which brought my balance back up to what it was  before the illegal charges on my account. I then contacted pay pal which was where the charges originated from and notified them as well. Pay pal immediately launched an investigation which ended up in my favor. Pay pal notified me they would start refunding money back into the account the money was taken from, which was my debit card from my checking account. Chase then froze my account on 7/25/97 and notified about their decision to freeze the account and advice me to open a new account. I immediately went to a local branch to do as what was advised to me from chase. I transferred my  balance of 4,666.58  from the old account to the new account  which included the money that was credited or stolen from my account plus what was left before the credit back, which amount to $4,666.58. Pay pal then started crediting the old account and chase started taking the money back from the old account. From the 7/25/12 - 8/8/12 the old account was frozen but not completely closed because chase was receiving money back from pay pal and they were collecting the money.

On exactly 7/8/12 a local branch agent called me and asked me to come to his office on 8/9/12 which I did so that he can completely close the old account. I did as he told me too and when I arrived he checked the status on that old account and noticed it was completely closed. I thought that was the end of that headache, but boy was I wrong. on August 23, 2012 Chase took exactly $1140.14 from my new account. They claim that lump sum was money refunded to me to the old account which I had no access to since the day it was frozen, and plus they had been collecting from that account every single refund that pay pal processed through to  the old account. Pay pal had notified me that all refunds were returned to the old account successfully and that the last money transfer was  processed on 8/17/12 and was not declined by chase. Chase claims that they were simply collecting $1140.14 that was refunded to me but could not show proof of that amount being refunded to my new account, so on top of the money being collected by them on the old account they collected more from my new account which no money had been transferred into by pay pal since that account was create it. The new account belongs to my wife and I we have direct deposit from our jobs and chase took more then half of what we had saved up in the new account. Up to now they refuse to put that money back and claim they are taking money that was refunded to me by pay pal but they cannot show me were pay pal refunded $1140.14 on my new account.  Pay pal insists they put the money back to my old account and chase received it, and chase says that wasn't possible since the account was closed after a certain date.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 11:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JPMorgan-Chase-Co/internet/JPMorgan-Chase-Co-Chase-bank-took-money-of-my-account-claiming-it-was-money-owed-to-the-932688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JPMorgan Chase & Co